Gibson Brands Forums

Fathers Day Guitar Treat

uncle fester

I  have two school age kids around and will have to get close to 80 before congratulations come via a phone call..     What was I thinking.  The youngest kiddo gave me a bag of peanuts and a coupon for a free appetizer at Texas Roadhouse.  .  The oldest, who just got her learner's permit (for which she decided she should get a Play Station 4 as an award for her accomplishment)   promised to not bother me for the day.  My wife, well she has started babbling about going back into the Foster Parent program.  Ain't life grand?  

Edited by zombywoof
  • Like 1

Had a good day.  My wife, me, our kids and grand kids took my dad (96 years old) to Texas Road House to eat.  Had a great time.  Tomorrow, my wife leaves for Branson, Mo.  for six days with our daughter and her family for my grand daughter's softball tournament.  I'd go, but me and my wife (I've got a real good one) are the primary caregivers for my dad.  He lives four houses up-the-street and  is independent as all hell, but we still watch over him like hawks.  Anyway, he's a "tough old bird" like so many of his generation and we don't mind helping him.  So, I'll watch TV with him this week during the day.  Then when he goes to bed, I'll come back home to play guitar and run my n scale trains until the wee hours of the morning.......I do a lot of *****ing and complaining at times, but most of it is bullcrap.   I'm a lucky guy.

• Like 2

I got cards and phone calls and sausage.

I took the 4 wheelers to the cabin property and ran the perimeter a few times. Wanted to cut up a tree that fell over but the saw gave me trouble so I threw it into the woods and just mowed for a bit. I may retrieve it, and I might not. A hundred years from now whoever finds it can speculate. 

In fact, I've begun leaving all kinds of baffling clues to confuse future generations.

Came home and took a shower and grilled 4 lbs of "Richards" (from Louisiana, pronounced Reeshards) sausage and then kicked back and watched the Cubs get beat while noodle-ing on the J-15.

• Like 1

Wound up with a house full of people,  which was not in the plans..   it was a good time and all, but someone's gotta clean all that crap up after they all leave.  we were wiped out by 9pm

And it poured here all day yesterday.  Just a nasty day weather wise.

But over all was a good day tho.

Got a card from my wife, a FB post from my daughter that kinda teared me up (she doesn't usually get sentimental) and a buncha texts...got to play behind our praise team as they sang "Good Good Father", which was a real treat...treated my wife to lunch @ Bob Evans (as she was strapped for funds)...a pleasant, relaxing day...