Gibson Brands Forums

Original Collection Gold Top

maplebaby

On 6/20/2019 at 10:55 AM, Navy Vet. said:

Nice guitar, but any Gibson is a nice guitar in my opinion.  I only own one Original Collection Gibson, not even a week old, and I can't put it down.1386429551_LESJR.jpg.eb257eddfbc6180b4a59a1f2be04eba6.jpg

Congrats on adding such a beautiful guitar to your family - so classic and I’m sure it sounds fantastic!

I’m sure I’m not the only one to have experienced what I’m about to describe, right @maplebaby?

I’ve been practicing for a few hours and decide to call it a night. I put the guitar down and can’t help but admire the guitar. If the guitar is relatively new I might even take another picture for my records. Maybe the new picture will capture better how awesome the guitar looks in person. Then I look a the picture, then again at the guitar, but I can’t help but pick it up again a have another half hour, or maybe even a couple more hours of practice. Then some days it might get too late to have amps cooking that late at night. Attenuator to the rescue or maybe continue playing unplugged. Sometimes  when I least expect it’s 1 or 2 in the mornin and I have to wake up early the next day to go to work. Once I made the mistake to go until 5am.  That day I was reminded of the valuable lesson I can’t be doing that anymore at my age. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pauloqs said:

...Then some days it might get too late to have amps cooking that late at night. Attenuator to the rescue or maybe continue playing unplugged. ... 

When it gets late or anytime I want silent practice I use these and a set of headphones.  Yeah, I know the purists will freak out, and you wouldn't take it to your next gig but, for what it is, it's pretty awesome.

eI7xVQD.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pauloqs said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one to have experienced what I’m about to describe, right @maplebaby?

I’ve been practicing for a few hours and decide to call it a night. I put the guitar down and can’t help but admire the guitar. If the guitar is relatively new I might even take another picture for my records. Maybe the new picture will capture better how awesome the guitar looks in person. Then I look a the picture, then again at the guitar, but I can’t help but pick it up again a have another half hour, or maybe even a couple more hours of practice. Then some days it might get too late to have amps cooking that late at night. Attenuator to the rescue or maybe continue playing unplugged. Sometimes  when I least expect it’s 1 or 2 in the mornin and I have to wake up early the next day to go to work. Once I made the mistake to go until 5am.  That day I was reminded of the valuable lesson I can’t be doing that anymore at my age. 

Well, playing is what its for and its obviously inspiring you to do just that. Maybe just indulge it more at weekends? 🎸 🙂 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...