Gibson Brands Forums

Going down south to a wedding

sparquelito

So, I'm having to go down to Dothan, Alabama for a wedding on the last weekend of June.

There will be my wife's family, and family politics, and stress, and a long drive to and from.
Two nights spent in a hotel, and we are carrying the 90 year old father-in-law down with us in the rental car.

My wife sighed to me this evening, "Look, I really appreciate your doing this. I know you hate weddings. And I know you're going to go crazy on a long weekend without your guitars and band-mates."

I told her, "It's okay, darling. I have been doing some shopping-ahead on the internet. I'll be alright."

🙂

214759.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sparquelito said:

So, I'm having to go down to Dothan, Alabama for a wedding on the last weekend of June.

There will be my wife's family, and family politics, and stress, and a long drive to and from.
Two nights spent in a hotel, and we are carrying the 90 year old father-in-law down with us in the rental car.

My wife sighed to me this evening, "Look, I really appreciate your doing this. I know you hate weddings. And I know you're going to go crazy on a long weekend without your guitars and band-mates."

I told her, "It's okay, darling. I have been doing some shopping-ahead on the internet. I'll be alright."

🙂

214759.png

I'd buy way more stuff than that for what you're talkin' 'bout...  

4 hours ago, Black Dog said:

I'd buy way more stuff than that for what you're talkin' 'bout...  

I'm not actually playing the wedding gig. 
We're attending the wedding is all. 

I just wanted a travel rig to enjoy while in the hotel at night, something that won't bother the immediate neighbors. 

On a trip to Yuma, AZ years ago, I brought along an old guitar effects processor, small cable, and headphones. 
My plan was, since I was to be out there for at least two weeks, to go find a cheap used guitar in a pawn shop, clean it up, and use it for the hotel while I was out there. 

Sure enough, I found am 'El Toro' model (by Behringer guitars) for 39 bucks, and it was a gem of a guitar!
Good times. 
🙂

xIMG_0512_v_1401703827.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

Edited by sparquelito

8 hours ago, sparquelito said:

🙂

Well played!

4 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I'm not actually playing the wedding gig. 
We're attending the wedding is all. 

I just wanted a travel rig to enjoy while in the hotel at night, something that won't bother the immediate neighbors. 

On a trip to Yuma, AZ years ago, I brought along an old guitar effects processor, small cable, and headphones. 
My plan was, since I was to be out there for at least two weeks, to go find a cheap used guitar in a pawn shop, clean it up, and use it for the hotel while I was out there. 

Sure enough, I found am 'El Toro' model (by Behringer guitars) for 39 bucks, and it was a gem of a guitar!
Good times. 
🙂

xIMG_0512_v_1401703827.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

That looks like an awesome travel rig.  [thumbup]

But, what I meant was I'd want more compensation for the pain and suffering of attending the events!  [sad]