Gibson Brands Forums

Reverb

brad1

The website.

Not the effect.

I am really starting to like this place. I've been selling off some of my stuff the past couple of days.

I have received $511 over the past 2 days selling some pedals and gear.

I have a lot more I'm going to sell also this week.

It feels good to get some cash, make some space in the home, and make someone you don't even know happy as well.

It's a win/win/win for sure! \:D/

You guys sell/buy much on there? I like it so much better than Ebay!

I started selling on reverb about two weeks ago, its awesome. I’ve been buying off of there for about two years and you can find some great deals there if you watch long enough. Ive sold two of my alvarez Yairis on there so far and got enough money from them to buy my Dove and J-45 😁

Edited by TheLeadFlatpick
  • Upvote 2

I have found that the Shipping part is so much easier for me on Reverb than on Ebay.  Loading pics is super simple as well.

I also like being able to negotiate a price with the seller. And like that you can decide on a final price as a seller, or decide to letter other buyers negotiate with you.

5 minutes ago, SG-12 said:

Reverb is owned by Chicago Music Exchange, a very reputable dealer.

I did not know that. I have bought  stuff from Chicago Music Exchange.

I think they always send you a sticker with their name/logo on it.[biggrin]

One thing I really like about reverb are their helpful videos. They have some really good ones on drums, recording various instruments, playing songs, etc

They do basic stuff and also more interesting things, but always with really good engineers and musicians 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SG-12 said:

Reverb is owned by Chicago Music Exchange, a very reputable dealer.

17 hours ago, brad1 said:

I did not know that. I have bought  stuff from Chicago Music Exchange.

I think they always send you a sticker with their name/logo on it.[biggrin]

17 hours ago, Big Bill said:

I believe SG-12 is correct!

I didn't know that either. go figure. yea, I really like Reverb. I check it out several times a day. 

• Upvote 1

I just sold my ninth pedal. I also have sold a Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18 amp head,  and an Orange Micro Terror head with 8" cab.

I have taken in about 2 grand.

I am really, really happy!!!!!\:D/

4 hours ago, brad1 said:

I just sold my ninth pedal. I also have sold a Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18 amp head,  and an Orange Micro Terror head with 8" cab.

I just checked my reverb payouts.  Since October 2016, I've taken in a bit over $6,700!  Unfortunately, the amount of my reverb purchases exceeds that amount.  :^/   But I do have 8 very nice guitars!

Only recently did I discover getting reverb's shipping labels.  Man, they're an excellent deal!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cougar said:

I just checked my reverb payouts.  Since October 2016, I've taken in a bit over $6,700!  Unfortunately, the amount of my reverb purchases exceeds that amount.  :^/   But I do have 8 very nice guitars!

Only recently did I discover getting reverb's shipping labels.  Man, they're an excellent deal!

There shipping is great!

It's easy and you can save money. 

9 hours ago, Cougar said:

That's the problem with guitar players, we always end up in the red!!! ("Well, I'll sell this amp, a few pedals, and this old guitar I have under the bed. That should cover the new Les Paul.") Never quite works out like its planned. 

4 hours ago, Big Bill said:

That's the problem with guitar players, we always end up in the red!!! ("Well, I'll sell this amp, a few pedals, and this old guitar I have under the bed. That should cover the new Les Paul.") Never quite works out like its planned. 

I dont know, Ive done ok doing that so far, Ive spent $1,142 in the last year, and made $2,240 in the last like 30 days when I started selling guitars on there. I actually buy and flip guitars on Reverb as a hobby, until Ive made enough profit to buy the one I want. Last one I did was a ‘91  Alvarez Yairi I bought in November for around $700 on Reverb that I never bonded with, so I sold it on Reverb 2 weeks ago for $1,600 and it sold within 6 days of listing.

I use reverb very little, and when I do it's for very specific things that their idiotic search function cannot do anything but to limit the junk they display.

They could learn a LOT about search filter limitation from Ebay and Craigslist with the use of "search limiters" like the MINUS character. 

Example: Gibson Les Paul custom -shop -sg -frampton -wildwood -frehley -bigsby -slash -black -classic

Nope they allow the use of one single filer like not:sg

like Gibson Les Paul Custom not:black

Hmmm... 1322 listings all 28 at a time with "sponsored" listings thrown in over and over again.

Add to that being forced to see the SAME git you do not want to see on every other page just makes wading through the "hits" more time consuming. This is (likely in order to force you to see the same gits over and over) and THEN the darn pages are limited to display 28 items.

Oh, to "verify" your account you MUST give them your SSN or passport number? not me! 

Lastly I had an "issue" with a purchase, and Reverb will not intercede nor will Paypal, Reverb actually tole ME to start a claim? Huh? The SELLER initiated claims with UPS. Anyway I had to call UPS and tell them the git was damaged, they picked it up and since I did not have posession, I got a refund.

Now I use Ebay and Craigslist almost exclusively and if there's a duplicate on Reverb and Ebay I use EBAY paypal protection works there.  

If some can tolerate that waste of time fine, not me.  Reverb must be making money, but I don't get it. 

Edited by gnappi

1 hour ago, gnappi said:

I use reverb very little, and when I do it's for very specific things that their idiotic search function cannot do anything but to limit the junk they display.

They could learn a LOT about search filter limitation from Ebay and Craigslist with the use of "search limiters" like the MINUS character. 

Example: Gibson Les Paul custom -shop -sg -frampton -wildwood -frehley -bigsby -slash -black -classic

Nope they allow the use of one single filer like not:sg

like Gibson Les Paul Custom not:black

Hmmm... 1322 listings all 28 at a time with "sponsored" listings thrown in over and over again.

Add to that being forced to see the SAME git you do not want to see on every other page just makes wading through the "hits" more time consuming. This is (likely in order to force you to see the same gits over and over) and THEN the darn pages are limited to display 28 items.

Oh, to "verify" your account you MUST give them your SSN or passport number? not me! 

Lastly I had an "issue" with a purchase, and Reverb will not intercede nor will Paypal, Reverb actually tole ME to start a claim? Huh? The SELLER initiated claims with UPS. Anyway I had to call UPS and tell them the git was damaged, they picked it up and since I did not have posession, I got a refund.

Now I use Ebay and Craigslist almost exclusively and if there's a duplicate on Reverb and Ebay I use EBAY paypal protection works there.  

If some can tolerate that waste of time fine, not me.  Reverb must be making money, but I don't get it. 

I could tell you a story about the trouble I had once with EBay. But I'm not.  I will just say it is comparable to yours. But worse  

I won't use eBay ever again.  

To each his own. 

On 6/24/2019 at 2:52 PM, brad1 said:

That’s great. Do you have another purchase planned or are you just freeing up some space/cash?

4 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

That’s great. Do you have another purchase planned or are you just freeing up some space/cash?

No purchases planned. I really have most of what I want/need.

I have been wanting to sell some stuff for a long time. The problem is I'm lazy.

Well, last week I had to have the AC fixed in my truck. It cost a grand total of $3200!!

That is what motivated me to get off my a$$ and start selling some stuff. Now it has kind of become addictive. I can't stop selling stuff!!!

And Reverb just makes it really easy for me. I had some really bad experiences with other sites. So far, Reverb is doing me pretty good.[biggrin]

I just sold my 15th pedal yesterday. I've made over $1000 on selling pedals alone. Next week I will start selling a few guitars.

This morning I sold an old set of Gibson 61 zebras that I pulled out of my SGJ. They had been sitting in their box in the closet collecting dust. I put them on Reverb this morning and within an hour somebody had bought them!

I have made 3 of my last 17 sales in Kentucky. They must have a lot of guitar players there. :-k