Gibson Brands Forums

David gilmour guitars 3D

blindboygrunt

1 hour ago, blindboygrunt said:

Never played an ovation

I've heard some great things said about them , but they sure dont look like something that would sound amazing 🤔

I had a Super Shallow Bowl Legend 12 string (it was a made in USA one). 

Plugged in, it sounded like a carnival, (in a good way)  unplugged, it sounded like absolute crap.   The neck dive on those guitars was astonishingly bad.  one of the most unwieldy guitars you'll ever play,, that rounded back was awful.  Came setup pretty good though   I sold it for what I paid for it about 2 years after I bought it. 

Edited by kidblast

I'm surprised at the prices of some of these guitars. I'm guessing those are starting bids? I mean, Strat #0001 for $150K? The beautiful Taylor 716ce he played "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" live and solo in concert is only $3000? Crikey! 

And where is the Lewis 24 fret?

Edit: I found the Jedsen lap steel!

Edited by drathbun

Over $3.9M for the black Strat, making it the most expensive guitar ever to sell at auction. 

The D-35 also set a record for the most expensive Martin ever to sell at auction. The previous record holder was Eric Clapton's Martin.

Edited by sbpark