Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bubba Johns

Hello, I'm here

Hey, I'm going to be lurking around here some as a non-professional musician who's been playing over 30 years. Bought 2 new guitars this month to go with my Epiphone SG. Today I picked up a 2015 Epiphone Pro-1 Explorer pack and am impressed with it in a large way. For 3 bills this little honey rips it up. Someone did a nice job on this. Out of the box, (it literally comes in a cardboard box), only minor adjustments were needed to set intonation. Every note rings clear. I will find some better machine heads and  pick up for it. I just love it after having spent the last 12 hours setting up and playing her.  Also, a couple of weeks ago, I grabbed a 2018 Epiphone Traditional Pro 3 Plus.  Any how, the last few weeks have been a crash course in guitar care/maintenance and I've cleaned polished and done set ups for all the beasts AND they are playing well. Went to a tech once and paid 100 bucks for something I could have done myself had I the knowledge. Part of why I'm here. Always learning. 

Edited by Bubba Johns

Welcome Bubba!

You will probably like it around here.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Bubba.  Enjoy your stay and good luck in your quest for further knowledge.  There are a lot of very knowledgeable members here.