Gibson Brands Forums

Better place to discuss politics

RichCI

It is getting out of hand. The occasional political/religious debate is not bad, but the past few weeks has been relentless.

I guess the only way it will stop is if we stop participating in the madness. I am 100 percent guilty of joining in, so I take some of the blame. But it is getting pretty tiring.

I think the sudden explosion of political chat is a side effect of the horrid current events' date=' and will abate when conditions improve. [/quote']

Current horrid events? it's been happening for 6 months at least.

How about stopping all the political mumbo-jumbo right now?

I owe taxes this year, my 401k is 40% of what it used to be, I am not getting an increase again this year, my bonus will be 40% of what it used to be and I am one of the lucky ones...

How about talking (Gibson) guitars and music?

Imagine the nerve of people that play guitar talking about politics! I'm glad that there's never been a rock song about politics...and that rock bands and entertainers don't get involved in any of the dirty politic crap!

Here we go...

Imagine the nerve of people that play guitar talking about politics! I'm glad that there's never been a rock song about politics...and that rock bands and entertainers don't get involved in any of the (dirty Finger Pu's) politic crap!

All Better.

It is getting out of hand. The occasional political/religious debate is not bad' date=' but the past few weeks has been relentless.

I guess the only way it will stop is if we stop participating in the madness. I am 100 percent guilty of joining in, so I take some of the blame. But it is getting pretty tiring.[/quote']

I'm with ya, Blue.

Ya get into it, speak your mind, then wake up thinking you may have offended someone.

Well, not that I care.....

But, you know what I mean?

Nevermind.

Murph.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamen Franklin

Funny quote. It's Benjamin Franklin, btw, not Benjamen.

How about this rewording... A guitar forum is two wolves wondering what they haven't already talked about and a lamb asking what amp to buy.

Here's another Ben Franklin quote for ya...

"He’s a fool who cannot conceal his wisdom"

I'm with ya' date=' Blue.

Ya get into it, speak your mind, then wake up thinking you may have offended someone.

Well, not that I care.....

But, you know what I mean?

Nevermind.

Murph.[/quote']

By the way, I forgive you for calling me an idiot on Friday night :-s

Archived