Gibson Brands Forums

Has anyone ever noticed?

gnappi

Has anyone ever noticed that the layout of parts and features on Gibson 335 gits is nearly perfectly aligned with other  parts or points? It can't be coincidental. 

I drew the lines (pic below) over a 335 body, then looked at other brands and the lineup of parts is nonexistent on them.

OK, I DO have a bit of time on my hands being retired three years, I KNOW it may look like it, but I'm definitely NOT a John Nash type :-)

es335_layout.jpg

20 hours ago, Wmachine said:

Any 2 points always line up........

You don't get it... look at ANY other semi guitar the controls and parts are aimlessly scattered on the top.

FWIW since some may not have noticed, it's NOT about TWO points lining up, it's about multiple points lining up.  Anyone can see that two points will line up on every git. That is unless there's only one volume control. 

Edited by gnappi

22 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Oh my!

You haven't accepted retirement fully yet! If you have, then you dont have enough to do 😉

Take up an extra hobby. I can recommend ballroom dancing. 🙂

I recommend you read my post, I was funnin with myself and pointing out things NOT by any stretch like "clones" Maybe it's invaluable when looking at a fake represented a genuine.  

4 hours ago, gnappi said:

You don't get it... look at ANY other semi guitar the controls and parts are aimlessly scattered on the top.

FWIW since some may not have noticed, it's NOT about TWO points lining up, it's about multiple points lining up.  Anyone can see that two points will line up on every git. That is unless there's only one volume control. 

Hey, I'm just following *your* lines.  You have lines with only 2 points. 

6 hours ago, Wmachine said:

Hey, I'm just following *your* lines.  You have lines with only 2 points. 

In gnappi's defense; out of ten lines on said guitar photo, only two are drawn between two points. That's 80% of the lines that are between more than two points. Of those eight lines, one is in line on four points. I would say that that is well beyond chance. Thanks, gnappi...I find it a fascinating correlation! It's just one more factor that contributes to the overall beauty of the 335!

Edited by G Mac

This is NOT that unusual, especially in hand-built archtops.  Good design practice.

On the  guitar below (mine),  the widest point of the f-holes  pretty much lines  up with the bridge. 

It's not a very good pic as I caught my reflection in the bridge pickup cover...but you get the idea.

Knight1incase1.jpg

Edited by jdgm

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2019 at 10:05 AM, badbluesplayer said:

I'll check with my buddy Jack Es, the original designer of the ES guitars.

Yes, if I recall the history, Jack got his design idea at 3:35 on a Sunday afternoon after 334 previous attempts. 😄

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...