Gibson Brands Forums

Photos....I Hope

Joe M

6 hours ago, Joe M said:

These are pics of my J200 that I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Wow!  Major congrats!  To me, that is the ultimate Gibson acoustic.  Jumbo, baby!  You gotta be over the moon!

Right click on your image, select Copy image address, come back to this forum, click the Insert other media in the lower right corner, paste your URL in the box and you'll have the pictures loaded.

Nice looking! The fretboard looks dark, is it ebony?

PXCrFPc.jpg

XeWtApu.jpg

SGZGzgA.jpg

Edited by Dave F
Typo

Thanks for the tip, Dave F, I'll give it a shot with the next upload. Don't think it's an ebony board, just real dark rosewood. I've played quite a few SJ200 over the years and most of them just got a "meh" from me. This one is really different. As much as I dislike using the term, it's a real cannon, very loud and projecting. And the low E, my oh my, sounds like the bottom of a huge well. Since the production date is '97, maybe there really is something to the "opening up" theory. Whatever the reason, this is definitely one that's gonna get passed down.

Thanks again, guys.

It looked like ebony here, as well. And- is the pickguard black, or tort_? Then thinking maybe Richlite(?) but when you added '97 production date, well, maybe it is ebony (and the bridge, as well?). In either case, it has passed your test- wishing you many good sounds on the big '200.

On 7/2/2019 at 8:15 PM, Dave F said:

Right click on your image, select Copy image address, come back to this forum, click the Insert other media in the lower right corner, paste your URL in the box and you'll have the pictures loaded.

Since he's using IMGUR it is easier than that. I use IMGUR for all my forum posting and if you click on your image in IMGUR it will take you to a page like this where you just click the "copy" button next to the type of link you want (BBCode for this forum) and then go into your forum message and hit CTRL-V (Command-V mac) and voila! You can even create linked thumbnails in the bottom "sizes" section.

I like the four ribbon bridge on that J200!

rAzwPeG.png

Edited by drathbun

When did Gibson stop using ebony boards on the SJ/J200?  

Congrats on your latest find.  We, of course.  own an old one built in the day when if you wanted a J200 you had two choices  - a burst or blondie.  .  Just curious how heavy is yours?  Ours weighs a ton - lots of bracing under the hood.  But you have inspired me.  I will be playing out tonight and may now just take the J200 with me.  Been a long time since I have given that guitar the call.

Edited by zombywoof

3 hours ago, EuroAussie said:

Lovelly, which year ?

Love the Tulips, which to me are mandatory for a J-200.

I agree about the tulips, EA. I think EVERY Gibby should have them. Here's the first thread I posted about the guitar....

On 7/4/2019 at 2:48 PM, drathbun said:

Since he's using IMGUR it is easier than that. I use IMGUR for all my forum posting and if you click on your image in IMGUR it will take you to a page like this where you just click the "copy" button next to the type of link you want (BBCode for this forum) and then go into your forum message and hit CTRL-V (Command-V mac) and voila! You can even create linked thumbnails in the bottom "sizes" section.

I like the four ribbon bridge on that J200!

rAzwPeG.png

drathbun, thanks for that, it really does make it easier.....stay tuned for some pics of another NGD....

• Like 1