Gibson Brands Forums

The Nellcote Bird

JuanCarlosVejar

Folks, 

Many of us assumed it was stolen and never recovered. It appears that was never the case.From what I’ve been able to piece together Keith always has that guitar until the year 2000 when he gave it to a guy he worked with named Alan Clayton.

Also it appears to be a 64 and not a 67/68 as some people believe

JC

1B3DF7E8-156F-4776-BB50-359624A8D0B1.jpeg

What a splendid pic of that old paley. We had it up a few years ago and I believe you commented the thread. Can be wrong.

This must be mister Clayton. The shot is probably a couple of years old too. 

xHZfxuZ.jpg

What makes you think it's a 64er ? No screws in the guard, but the width looks narrow. Perhaps a december ex. What a cühl guitar to keep. 

3 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

What a splendid pic of that old paley. We had it up a few years ago and I believe you commented the thread. Can be wrong.

This must be mister Clayton. The shot is probably a couple of years old too. 

xHZfxuZ.jpg

What makes you think it's a 64er ? No screws in the guard, but the width looks narrow. Perhaps a december ex. What a cühl guitar to keep. 

Em7,

That’s not Clayton but he may have lent the guitar to that guy for a recording session. 

Clayton appears in blue with Keef here: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/4524295.amp/

he was or is in a band called Dirty Strangers.

I’m saying it’s a 64 because Clayton has said it is.Either Keef told him he bought it in 64 or he has had the serial # checked out.

Some people seem to think Brian,Jagger and Richards shared one blonde bird and that it was passed around for years between them 3.

I think it’s pretty clear this is not true after seeing these recent pics of Keith’s old blondie.The guard is still intact and has no screws ... Whereas Jagger’s had  the screws back in  Vienna 1973 and still does today.

The only mod I can see on Jagger’s is it used to have the Belly up/Insert saddle  bridge and it now has a belly down/fixed saddle one.

I’ve cut the photo of Jagger’s so the screws in the guard can be seen more than anything else.

JC

A7794E13-7524-4F93-B9F1-2C23E061F200.jpeg

Edited by JuanCarlosVejar