Gibson Brands Forums

What is the best Win10 software to combine Studio One audio with video?

I have been recording some of my songs using Studio One Artist 3.5. This program works well for recording, mixing and mastering audio tracks but has no video capability. I have Adobe Audition which can combine audio and video but, for me, it's not very easy to use.  I read that Movavi is Windows answer to iMovie so I may give it a try. It's a bit expensive to buy the whole Movavi Suite so I'm curios if anyone has any advice for me.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would reply to my own question so someone may benefit from what I found.  The free open-source program I found is called Shotcut. It's easy to use and works well. I combined a video that I had on my phone with a backing track from my laptop. First, I brought the video over to my laptop and stripped the audio from it using Shotcut. Then, I just added my backing track. It was all pretty simple. Here is the URL for Shotcut, if anyone is interested:

https://www.shotcut.org/

• 1 month later...

I use studio one as well, not well, but I use it.  To sync up to videos I've been using 'lightworks'.  You can use it for free if you give your email.  Works pretty good, but I only do it infrequently and have to relearn it each time.  My biggest challenge is getting the video and sound track to sync up exactly how I want...  always just a little mismatch.  Will give shotcut a go next time.

Edited by billroy