Gibson Brands Forums

SG Happiness

uncle fester

Been mostly acoustic of late, and previously when I was electric, I was going with a strat...  but the strat's been sold, I picked up a J45 and been basically acoustic the last couple years. 

Recently, I've been struggling through an acoustic version of AC/DCs rock n roll aint noise pollution - saw my wife's SG on the wall, and figured in the name of Angus - had to plug it in.  It's a '67 I believe, maybe '68 - p'ups have been replaced with Seymor Duncans along the way, but still sounds good to me, and for the first time the neck felt nice.  Compared to the strat it always felt too thin, but since that's been out of the picture awhile guess I've evolved - this one felt nice...  and man, it's just a freakin' good looking guitar!

No clips or nothing, just a story of SG happiness 🙂

T4mNjxn.jpg?1

1 hour ago, merciful-evans said:

I noticed that guitars can feel 'different' after a while too. It must be nice to have a other half that plays. I cant imagine that. Good to know the SG had some use anyhow.

My other half came with the guitar, but she hasn't touched it in 15 yrs...  she is nice though.

ME is right,  you've been J45-ing for a while now,  so it  is really not a shocker that something like a SG neck would feel more "home" to you than a strat

besides, SGs are indeed happy little things,, just like the painter now deceased Ron Ross with his happy little trees,  you have a happy SG,,  I myself  have two, they make me giggle! (Well not really but..)..  and what's wrong with that.