Gibson Brands Forums

whose playing what on what right now

uncle fester

An original called "Things I Ain't Done", which is the first original song with the acoustic (my SJ-200) since this past Spring.

Then it became Bob Seger hour on the couch since coming downstairs from working on the song. Night Moves, Fire Lake, Roll Me Away, Like a Rock, Turn the Page and Main Street. Some Rolling Stone(?) is up next. All hummingbird except for the original. (The SJ is upstairs in the studio. Life is good.) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BluesKing777 said:

I have been playing my new Taylor 717e a lot.

Here is my version of "Helpless' by Neil Young....one mic pointed at the guitar and vocaliser to show what the guitar is like with singing....😪 (Neumann KM184) 

BluesKing777.

BK - I love all your stuff, but I think that might be my favorite - well done!

1 hour ago, BluesKing777 said:

I have been playing my new Taylor 717e a lot.

Here is my version of "Helpless' by Neil Young....one mic pointed at the guitar and vocaliser to show what the guitar is like with singing....😪 (Neumann KM184) 

BluesKing777.

This is fantastic.  You utterly made this your own.  Well done, BK!

Incidentally, I was through Omemee the other day - the 'town in North Ontario'...

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, zombywoof said:

(I tend to play stuff others have never heard  making it tougher for them to join in)

I feel like I don't any songs that "regular" people know...

I'm meeting w/our church pianist in the morning to go over songs for Sunday...it's a collection of songs from a Nazarene hymnal, totally foreign to me...taking my Martin (D16) 'cause it's the only six-string I've got w/a pickup...the Dove came w/a removed under-saddle pickup...guess it's time to have it put back in...

Edited by Cabarone

15 hours ago, generaldreedle said:

I have a Westerly JF 30- bought it used.  I love that guitar

They're hard to beat.  With my F-50R, I really don't need another 6-string.  The Corona-built JF30-12 is my best 12-string, but I also like my 2018 Songwriter 12 and my little Martin GPC12PA4.  Actually, I have ANOTHER JF30-12 up on reverb at the moment - a Westerly-made wood grain blue in excellent condition.  Price reduced!  :^)

Right now, I'm playing Martins, D28 red spruce and HD28v

Why? Because I need to get rid of my Medium Gauge strings.

Seriously, this is the reason !!! HA HA

Once I get my Medium Gauge strings down to less stock, it will be Gibson all the way.

I've got plenty of Light Gauge strings for my Gibson guitars, probably around 40 sets.

:o)