Gibson Brands Forums

Powder, Two Guitars and a Trailer

duluthdan

Powder, Two Guitars and a Trailer are about to hit the road for a 6,000 mile 45 day journey from the Rocky Mountains to the east coast and back.

Riding along in the trailer will be two guitars - one with a pickup, one without.  A Bose S1, an Edwina, a notebook and a pen.  Trying my best to write a book, and to capture a new song or two.

If I appear to have dropped out of site, don’t write my obit - I’m just chasing the muse.

dthPt90.jpg

2018 F-150 with 6 cylinder Eco Boost, 10 speed transmission, towing capacity 15,000 pounds tows the 4,500 lb  2018 17 foot Winnie Drop 1790 with ease through the mountains. The guitars ride inside the trailer - a D-28 and a J-35 Vintage.  Perfect size for one guy and a dog.  

4 hours ago, duluthdan said:

dthPt90.jpg

2018 F-150 with 6 cylinder Eco Boost, 10 speed transmission, towing capacity 15,000 pounds tows the 4,500 lb  2018 17 foot Winnie Drop 1790 with ease through the mountains. The guitars ride inside the trailer - a D-28 and a J-35 Vintage.  Perfect size for one guy and a dog.  

This is just awesome, travel safe and enjoy your time!  I'd make sure there's a fishing rod in there as well.  Here's a homework assignment to get you started, build something around an F chord....  really liking the F chord lately.

21 minutes ago, billroy said:

... Here's a homework assignment to get you started, build something around an F chord....  really liking the F chord lately.

Sounds like you’re headed toward Dylan’s Nashville Skyline. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, billroy said:

This is just awesome, travel safe and enjoy your time!  I'd make sure there's a fishing rod in there as well.  Here's a homework assignment to get you started, build something around an F chord....  really liking the F chord lately.

Just saying. To me the F  chord means playing it in E capo 1. 

🙂

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, duluthdan said:

dthPt90.jpg

Camping rough then, eh?😄

All mod cons plus++++ ! Just look out for Lucy and her rocks.

The roll out awning is a stroke of genius, isn’t it?  When I was a kid, we had the old clip on awning - oh no.

Have fun, Dan!

BluesKing777.

20 hours ago, Dave F said:

Sounds like you’re headed toward Dylan’s Nashville Skyline. 

Ended up giving that a listen last night - not sure what I could pull off from there, but definitely some good listening, Nashville skyline rag, and there was one with Bob D and Johnny Cash that was pretty cool to name a couple.  Dylan wise - actually thinking about 'Leopardskin Pillbox Hat (from Blonde on Blonde?)'

14 hours ago, ThemisSal said:

Just saying. To me the F  chord means playing it in E capo 1. 

🙂

technically correct, wholistically - just not the same

13 hours ago, BluesKing777 said:

All mod cons plus++++ ! Just look out for Lucy and her rocks.

Is that a reference to 'I love Lucy... I remember that episode LOL!'

Edited by billroy

16 minutes ago, billroy said:

Ended up giving that a listen last night - not sure what I could pull off from there, but definitely some good listening, Nashville skyline rag, and there was one with Bob D and Johnny Cash that was pretty cool to name a couple.  Dylan wise - actually thinking about 'Leopardskin Pillbox Hat (from Blonde on Blonde?)'

Bob said he was hooked on the F-chord for this album. Personally, I have not listened to the album but I'm imagining all the songs have an F-chord? Most of the tablatures I see include the F-chord 

5 hours ago, duluthdan said:

6Bta7Bj.jpg

Nashville Skyline not so much - but I am revisiting Highway 61 where I grew up.  I don't play any Dylan songs, but its Ok, he doesn't play any of mine.

That'll do just fine!

I would tell you to stop by Johnny McGuire's on your way up and over Independence to load up Teriyaki Philly Cheesesteaks, but sadly they ain't no more, and I'd guess your rig is over 35 feet. So enjoy your trip down valley and make your first stop at Beau Jo's Pizza in Idaho Springs, so Powder can eat his fill! 

Well, color me jealous!

That sounds like a fantastic way to spend a few weeks.

Safe Travels to you Dan.

F-chords:  God's way of reminding you there is a place called hell..

Edited by kidblast