Gibson Brands Forums

Powder, Two Guitars and a Trailer

duluthdan

On 8/4/2019 at 9:59 PM, duluthdan said:

What an outstanding afternoon spent smudging up JTs guitar collection, including his “Minty” Banner SJ, the best guitar I have ever played. Ever.  Powder laid at our feet and was laid groggy by all the music being traded back and forth.  In case anyone is curious about the birth of this song - here it was, bathrobe and all.  

Loved this, I bet there's more than a couple hours spent strumming in that chair.  Loving your US tour - safe travels and keep posting...  I'm boston area, will put some ribs on the smoker if you want to make the trip...  just saying.

34 minutes ago, billroy said:

Loved this

same here. and as the upload date will attest, you’ve been getting the feel of this song for a while.  Mostly just love the novel approach- so comfy looking… Don’t think I’ve ever seen video with someone playing guitar in a bathrobe.

https://imgur.com/a/mOoTZJ4

Powder is still a charming magnet to pretty girls.  We made it to the Atlantic Ocean.   Next to Vermont,  Lake Placid and Toronto.  I have forgotten the cool verse-chorus transition  ThemisSal came up with on the only new song song So far this trip.  It is 90% humidity but neither the Authentic or the Collectors Edition J-35 sound at all muddy, even though strings on both date back to May. 

gzGAfI1.jpg

Still slogging miles - 4,660 miles and 100 hours of windshield time. made it thru Connecticut,Vermont, Lake Placid, Toronto, Niagra Falls, and Lower Michigan.  Played along the way with campers, and a couple of houses.  Now in Minnesota, gonna jam with a couple friends at one of their studios - expect little to no recording to be done, we always get lost in the music, with some concentration on trying to find our old harmonic groove with some CSN.   Still have not finished any new songs, but have a couple cooking.  Played an Open Mic in Duluth MN - they asked if my vested dog was a service dog, and I said "No, that's Powder" her name is right on the vest.  got my three songs in with Powder laying quietly on my feet.    

• Upvote 1