Gibson Brands Forums

Buy a Gibson

Obedoff

Hi) I'm looking to buy my first Gibson, I would like some help ) my possibility are not high) the choice is Studio 2016 / studio tribute 2016 / tribute 2018 or studio alpine 2014. What you guys think? Which are good ? Price are near the same, from 800 to 1100.

46 minutes ago, Obedoff said:

Hi) I'm looking to buy my first Gibson, I would like some help ) my possibility are not high) the choice is Studio 2016 / studio tribute 2016 / tribute 2018 or studio alpine 2014. What you guys think? Which are good ? Price are near the same, from 800 to 1100.

Where are you? What country?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=5a348836325c2c32

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:05 AM, Obedoff said:

From the list you posted I would say all are worthy. It really comes down to what you want to spend, if one is a better deal than the others that would be the one to buy.

Edited by Navy Vet.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:05 AM, Obedoff said:

Do you have a chance to go and play them?  That's always the best advice as each guitar even the same model and year is slightly different.   If not then as mentioned, by the one you think looks the coolest  🙂 

2 hours ago, Rabs said:

Do you have a chance to go and play them?  That's always the best advice as each guitar even the same model and year is slightly different.   If not then as mentioned, by the one you think looks the coolest  🙂 

Hi) yes tomorrow I will look and try a 2006 studio and after the 2016 tribute all 2 same price, 800$.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to play them. Looking good and playing good are two different things. I had a LP that was hard to play, resulting in much frustration. Sold it and bought a LP Standard HP-II. Wow what a difference, I can't put this guitar down, best I've ever owned!

A2d.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Obedoff said:

Hi) I got it a Tribute 2018 new at the end, it's very nice but the bridge is a little bit high I think. 

Fine. See about lowering the bridge and setting the guitar up. Do you do this?

There are plenty of online videos to show how. Otherwise, get a tech/luthier to do it for you.

I've just seen pictures of your guitar on your other thread. Smart looking Goldtop!

Edited by merciful-evans