Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Recommended Posts

 

Hi) I'm looking to buy my first Gibson, I would like some help ) my possibility are not high) the choice is Studio 2016 / studio tribute 2016 / tribute 2018 or studio alpine 2014. What you guys think? Which are good ? Price are near the same, from 800 to 1100.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they all sound like they'd be great and should be able to be set up nicely how you want them, ...so if it was me I'd just choose the one I thought looked coolest. [smile]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Obedoff said:

 

Hi) I'm looking to buy my first Gibson, I would like some help ) my possibility are not high) the choice is Studio 2016 / studio tribute 2016 / tribute 2018 or studio alpine 2014. What you guys think? Which are good ? Price are near the same, from 800 to 1100.

Where are you? What country?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=5a348836325c2c32

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:05 AM, Obedoff said:

 

Hi) I'm looking to buy my first Gibson, I would like some help ) my possibility are not high) the choice is Studio 2016 / studio tribute 2016 / tribute 2018 or studio alpine 2014. What you guys think? Which are good ? Price are near the same, from 800 to 1100.

 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=5a348836325c2c32

From the list you posted I would say all are worthy. It really comes down to what you want to spend, if one is a better deal than the others that would be the one to buy.

Edited by Navy Vet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 11:05 AM, Obedoff said:

 

Hi) I'm looking to buy my first Gibson, I would like some help ) my possibility are not high) the choice is Studio 2016 / studio tribute 2016 / tribute 2018 or studio alpine 2014. What you guys think? Which are good ? Price are near the same, from 800 to 1100.

 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=5a348836325c2c32

Do you have a chance to go and play them?  That's always the best advice as each guitar even the same model and year is slightly different.   If not then as mentioned, by the one you think looks the coolest  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rabs said:

Do you have a chance to go and play them?  That's always the best advice as each guitar even the same model and year is slightly different.   If not then as mentioned, by the one you think looks the coolest  🙂 

Hi) yes tomorrow I will look and try a 2006 studio and after the 2016 tribute all 2 same price, 800$.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to play them. Looking good and playing good are two different things. I had a LP that was hard to play, resulting in much frustration. Sold it and bought a LP Standard HP-II. Wow what a difference, I can't put this guitar down, best I've ever owned!

A2d.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a 2017 tribute gold top myself, and I love it, but Capt.  Rick is right, playing makes all the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 8:59 PM, Obedoff said:

Hi) yes tomorrow I will look and try a 2006 studio and after the 2016 tribute all 2 same price, 800$.

 

Well did you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

 

Well did you?

Hi) I got it a Tribute 2018 new at the end, it's very nice but the bridge is a little bit high I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Obedoff said:

Hi) I got it a Tribute 2018 new at the end, it's very nice but the bridge is a little bit high I think. 

 

Fine. See about lowering the bridge and setting the guitar up. Do you do this?

There are plenty of online videos to show how. Otherwise, get a tech/luthier to do it for you.

 

I've just seen pictures of your guitar on your other thread. Smart looking Goldtop!

Edited by merciful-evans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...