Gibson Brands Forums

One for the Trekkies - Picard trailer

Rabs

Ok I got to admit..  The trailer got me...   Some old faces turn up... I think this is either going to be REALLY good or REALLY bad. I will still watch it all of course  😄 

5 hours ago, Karloff said:

this should be pretty cool. I'm not a Trekkie but I really, really love Star Trek there might be a 3rd really in there. 

Yeah me too...  I have never bought any Star Trek product other than the DVD box set of the films..  And I don't go to conventions or have any Vulcan ears  🙂   But I do love watching the show and the films and have seen all of them, been watching it since I was like six years old. So really I have to watch it don't I 😄 

16 hours ago, Marky Forrest said:

I will too. I'm a Trekkie and wouldn't miss it. I get teased sometimes for watching a bad movie all the way through. I keep hoping it will get better, but it usually doesn't. ](*,)

Yeah well the TV shows are the same.  Like 60-70% good episodes if you are lucky..  Its worth watching the crap ones to see the good ones  as far as I am concerned.. 

Just now, Brytam said:

I'm in! Been a Trekkie for years😊. Will be good to see some of the characters back in action. Wondering how 7 of 9 will fit into the mix? 

Im wondering how they are going to explain how Data got fat  😄 

58 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Yeah me too...  I have never bought any Star Trek product other than the DVD box set of the films..  And I don't go to conventions or have any Vulcan ears  🙂   But I do love watching the show and the films and have seen all of them, been watching it since I was like six years old. So really I have to watch it don't I 😄 

I've never been to a convention and I don't have any memorabilia but I love the movies and the TV series.

1 hour ago, Rabs said:

same here Rabs.  while I've gone to Horror conventions, I've never gone to a Star Trek convention. a friend of mine has. dresses up & all that. 

but like you I have all the movies on DVD and I still regularly watch all the original episodes. I have since I was 6 or 7 too. 

Oddly, after 30 years or so, I started watching the original Star Trek series #1 episodes recently. I thought I had seen them all more than once and knew them all. Maybe its my age but it seems like a 'different' experience. Lots I don't recall. Also the picture quality on a smart TV is better than I ever thought it could be. Not always a good thing with those SFX though! 

In short: Enjoying it as a late evening wind-down.

• 6 months later...
On 7/22/2019 at 8:08 AM, Karloff said:

this should be pretty cool. I'm not a Trekkie but I really, really love Star Trek there might be a 3rd really in there. 

Your a Trekkie if you really, really love Star Trek.  And then go one more really.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

I'm in!  My dad really loved Star Trek and got me into it when I was a little one.  The Next Generation was the best IMHO and I think Patrick Stewart is a great actor.  Some of the other "versions" of Star Trek weren't my thing at all, but again, really liked the Next Generation.  Make it so!  haha! 

2 hours ago, LarryUK said:

I've just watched it and can't believe that thousands of years in the future, they're still abusing dogs. A pit bull with it's ears cut off. disgraceful.  

You do know its a TV show and not actually showing the future...   🙂  Maybe they don't exist any more and its a clone of a 20th Century dog :-k

16 hours ago, Rabs said:

You do know its a TV show and not actually showing the future...   🙂  Maybe they don't exist any more and its a clone of a 20th Century dog :-k

So, if they had slaves that would be ok?  I've seen a lot of comments about it over here in the UK as it's banned here. 

7 hours ago, LarryUK said:

So, if they had slaves that would be ok?  

Errrm..  No? 

If you are asking if I agree with how they treat animals and the way they breed dogs..  Of course not... Or is it that I didn't mention the dog and just enjoyed the show? Its not the dogs fault.. 

Is that all anyone has to say about the show?

Edited by Rabs

3 minutes ago, Marky Forrest said:

I have Amazon Prime but Star Trek: Picard looks like it's not available in the USA. I couldn't even play the trailers. When I tried, it read "This video is not available in your country". Bummer...

Weird..  It is out over there. Apparently on CBS All Access... Came out on the 23rd.

7 hours ago, Marky Forrest said:

Thanks for mentioning CBS All Access. I found it on Prime when searching : Star Trek: Picard CBS All Access. I have to pay an additional $5.99/mo to get it though. Dang...

We stream TV at our house and its on CBS All Access.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We stream TV at our house and its on CBS All Access.

I really want to start doing that. My satellite bill just went up and it's getting ridiculous when I think of paying for satellite, Netflix and Amazon Prime. Would you share the service/s that you recommend? I would like to keep the channels that I like, just not all the dumb ones. It seems like there's a channel for everything and I watch less than 10 channels regularly.