Gibson Brands Forums
Rabs

One for the Trekkies - Picard trailer

Ok I got to admit..  The trailer got me...   Some old faces turn up... I think this is either going to be REALLY good or REALLY bad. I will still watch it all of course  😄 

I will too. I'm a Trekkie and wouldn't miss it. I get teased sometimes for watching a bad movie all the way through. I keep hoping it will get better, but it usually doesn't. ](*,)

this should be pretty cool. I'm not a Trekkie but I really, really love Star Trek there might be a 3rd really in there. 

5 hours ago, Karloff said:

this should be pretty cool. I'm not a Trekkie but I really, really love Star Trek there might be a 3rd really in there. 

Yeah me too...  I have never bought any Star Trek product other than the DVD box set of the films..  And I don't go to conventions or have any Vulcan ears  🙂   But I do love watching the show and the films and have seen all of them, been watching it since I was like six years old. So really I have to watch it don't I 😄 

16 hours ago, Marky Forrest said:

I will too. I'm a Trekkie and wouldn't miss it. I get teased sometimes for watching a bad movie all the way through. I keep hoping it will get better, but it usually doesn't. ](*,)

Yeah well the TV shows are the same.  Like 60-70% good episodes if you are lucky..  Its worth watching the crap ones to see the good ones  as far as I am concerned.. 

I'm in! Been a Trekkie for years😊. Will be good to see some of the characters back in action. Wondering how 7 of 9 will fit into the mix? 

Just now, Brytam said:

I'm in! Been a Trekkie for years😊. Will be good to see some of the characters back in action. Wondering how 7 of 9 will fit into the mix? 

Im wondering how they are going to explain how Data got fat  😄 

58 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Yeah me too...  I have never bought any Star Trek product other than the DVD box set of the films..  And I don't go to conventions or have any Vulcan ears  🙂   But I do love watching the show and the films and have seen all of them, been watching it since I was like six years old. So really I have to watch it don't I 😄 

I've never been to a convention and I don't have any memorabilia but I love the movies and the TV series.

1 hour ago, Rabs said:

same here Rabs.  while I've gone to Horror conventions, I've never gone to a Star Trek convention. a friend of mine has. dresses up & all that. 

but like you I have all the movies on DVD and I still regularly watch all the original episodes. I have since I was 6 or 7 too. 

Oddly, after 30 years or so, I started watching the original Star Trek series #1 episodes recently. I thought I had seen them all more than once and knew them all. Maybe its my age but it seems like a 'different' experience. Lots I don't recall. Also the picture quality on a smart TV is better than I ever thought it could be. Not always a good thing with those SFX though! 

In short: Enjoying it as a late evening wind-down.