Gibson Brands Forums

Custom LP

Tman

15 hours ago, Black Dog said:

They made this guitar in '16.  And if I'm not mistaken, it did not come from the Custom Shop, it was a USA guitar.  I think it looks bada$$.  It's called the Les Paul Fort Knox.

8gdkkEV.jpg

I remember that one.  It had a Fort Knox Pricing on it too with  real Gold in the finish. 

4 hours ago, SteveFord said:

What a great bunch of friends and that guitar is a beauty.

May you have many happy hours playing it on a functioning toilet!

Speaking of, I won this at an auction, very appropriate for what you are proposing. 

6A16BA60-0D1B-444B-854E-E1908F35051F.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Things are improving at such a rapid rate, guitar, refrigerator, running water, all within the last week! 

Here's another photo of it hanging on the wall (although I apparently am not able to save it as rotated correctly). It really is perfect. I chose chrome over nickel perhaps to give it a 70's vibe and the shiny chrome is so killer I think so I am a very happy camper (albeit I am no longer, camping more like glamping lately).😄

LP2 Small.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Is the volute an option that you selected from made to measure or did it just come with that? Out of curiosity did you order in 2018 or 2019?

I ordered it in 2019, around the beginning of March. Honestly I don't remember if the volute was optional. I asked for the Modern Axcess  as a Gold Top and asked for the 60's thin tapered profile neck. They said they could do it and I don't remember if that was optional or not.

Honestly it is hard for me to get through a work day lately. Like Todd Rundgren I don't want to work, I just want to play on Les Paul all day.