Gibson Brands Forums

A Quest for an Advanced Jumbo

Dreadfulnought

I have a few Gibson RW, they each have their own sound and they come in all sizes.   I really like my Martin RW too .  I think RW is my favorite tone wood.

Dwight Yoakam Honky Tonk Duece which is an SJ

J200 RW

CJ165 RW

Stage Deluxe RW

Centennial ‘34 Jumbo RW. When I recently had an AJ RW, I felt it was about the same as this guitar. 

Nick Lucas Mystic RW

Edited by Dave F
Typo

Back in the 90s AJs were a hard sell     Of coarse  Gibson might of sold alot to dealers but most hung on the racks waiting for the right person to come along back then new they were 1600 to buy  .  Kind of like todays J35 models.  There a good guitar.  There Cool guitars.  Theres a few used ones up here that have been for sale for a very long time and they dont have any issues.  And there asking prices are a little high.  

I own a few of the early custom shop ones from the 90s and I like them alot.    Good luck on your quest for one.  You should be able to get a decent clean one for around 14 to 16 for a standard Rosewood model.   I wouldnt  give any more than that.  

• Like 1