Gibson Brands Forums

New to the forum!

Hey everyone! I’ve been playing music since I was 15. I started on guitar, but for the past 20 years have been playing bass due to the need for solid bassists in the area. Recently, I started a solo project and needed to start playing guitar again, and I have been having so much fun with it. I just purchased a 2019 Gibson Les Paul Standard 50’s model and it is wonderful. I also have a 1952 ES125 that my father left me. I love writing music and really enjoy doing it with these two great guitars. I look forward to checking out some of the cool guitars on the forum and learning more about Gibson. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Welcome aboard.  I took up guitar in 2003 (age 43) and then bass in 2005.  I played guitar almost exclusively until I moved to the Austin area in 2012.   I quickly realized “that you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a guitar player, but bass players and drummers are hard to find.”  So now I play mostly bass in band/group settings.  Not that i’m complaining.  I truly enjoy it.