Gibson Brands Forums

Do it yourself Relic

Big Bill

He'd get more money for it if he just finished taking off all the finish and sell it as a "kit" guitar...  Sell the pickups separately, the hardware...  Expecting to start at nearly $815 out of someone's pocket to get this atrocity.  Honestly if they sold everything a la carte, it would be better - and the guitar sanded or not minus all HW.  I'm sure that if it gets shipped to you, it comes without a box, out of the case, and sticker right on the guitar's top. 

The seller has great feedback as a seller from what I can see, so he's obviously letting the pictures speak for themselves.  I don't think he's going to get anywhere near what he's asking though.  For the money he's asking, you could get something way better.  Hey, worth a try right? 

Hey it sold... I sort of thought it would. I’m sure someone gave a good offer on it he couldn’t refuse. I one time sold a totally sanded down Gibson with a repaired neck crack and refret. Sold same day I listed on Reverb. Got a ton of offers. But then again I listed for a tick over $200 which was a good deal I guess. A lot of guys looking for a DIY deal out there which is pretty cool if you ask me. But as far as how the thing was relived, it was an awful job. I’d want to strip it bare if I picked it up. 

1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

Hey it sold... I sort of thought it would. I’m sure someone gave a good offer on it he couldn’t refuse. I one time sold a totally sanded down Gibson with a repaired neck crack and refret. Sold same day I listed on Reverb. Got a ton of offers. But then again I listed for a tick over $200 which was a good deal I guess. A lot of guys looking for a DIY deal out there which is pretty cool if you ask me. But as far as how the thing was relived, it was an awful job. I’d want to strip it bare if I picked it up. 

I don't think it sold, it's not showing in his list of sold items.

2 hours ago, Big Bill said:

I don't think it sold, it's not showing in his list of sold items.

Why when I click on the listing is says the item has sold? Usually if you simply remove a listing it says “ended” or something like that but definitely not sold... either way no biggie. I’m not entirely sure but maybe not showing up yet because the item hasn’t been received by buyer yet? Interested to know if this is how it works. 

22 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Why when I click on the listing is says the item has sold? Usually if you simply remove a listing it says “ended” or something like that but definitely not sold... either way no biggie. I’m not entirely sure but maybe not showing up yet because the item hasn’t been received by buyer yet? Interested to know if this is how it works. 

I beleive you are correct Chris!! I stand corrected.

Okay, which of you bought that thing?? Did he accept Dup-T's offer?

• Like 1