Gibson Brands Forums

GUITAR CENTER...

dylan94

Hey tell me what u think of guitar center

I think it sucks a lot their is no love there and i dont think this is just me

I like it.. but there's really not many ma -n- pa shops in my area. I'd frequent those instead if we had them.

my dream is to open a huge ma n pa shop

I wouldn't mind that either... just imagine walking in every day with dozens of guitars withing reach! And new Gibsons smell heavenly!

We do have a lot of GC threads... try using the searchbar next time. But nbd, you're new. It's cool. :)

I don't hate GC but I'm not in love with it or anything. I like Sweetwater the best out of any Guitar stores I've ever been to. I pop in GC every now and then when I've got a good coupon, or when they have a especially good price on something. I got my vm from GC because, at the time, they were the only carrier.

it has better guitars than i do so yay. the only thing i hate is when posers come in with gibsons (no offense) and play songs' date=' wrong, all day long because they can't really play[/quote']

Yeah I agree... But on the other hand its also cool when really talented guitarists come in and show you up and make you look like a poser... not that thats ever happened to me.... O.O

I've found that Sundays and Mondays are the best days to go to GC if you want to be able to hear yourself think, let alone play. At least it's that way at my local GC.

I don't trust the salespeople too much though... I'm 15 and have been playing for around 2 years and I know more about guitars than most employees at my GC. Some of 'em aren't bad guys though.

I do have to say that I really dislike the manager though, he's one of the pushiest people I've met. I wonder if he used to be a Car salesman. In addition, when he plays guitar there, he plays LOUD. He makes the metal punk kid, sitting in the corner playing Slipknot, sound quite.

it sucks i much rather go to my local music store where the clerks know me by name and are friendly. no offence to anyone but i feel as tho guitar center is where all the druggie kids go who dress in all black and are mad for no reason and really dont know how to read music or use any kind theory. unfortunatly my local store doesnt have everything so im forced to go there sometimes ;)

wow i sounds like your in bed with that guy jk

thats so cool

How did you know? ;) lol jk nah his father owns the store and me and him are metalheads hes going through some music school to be a guitar teacher for those stores or something idk.

How did you know? ;) lol jk nah his father owns the store and me and him are metalheads hes going through some music school to be a guitar teacher for those stores or something idk.

yea i got a buddy whos dad owns a store and for those people that have never been in the back of a guitar store u wont believe the crazy stuff like there was a double neck danoalacta week before last and it sold 2 days after being out

i whant a store were people go and have fun

Look no farther than Sweetwater... They have an amazing warehouse, an arcade, and a great store along with a plethora of other awesome things. The facility is humongous and beautiful as well. Great friendly staff, make you feel at home. They really go the extra mile in every area. A must see for any music enthusiast.

They only have one location and it's in Fort wayne, Indiana. I'm lucky enough to live within about 20 minutes of it.

dylan shutup about GC just go to blues angles or tringas and get over it. you know we have lots of good ma n pa shops here in pensacola. remember to watch your back dylan i were you sit in algebra and at lunch.................................. right next to me................ did you get willies IP address yet from matt?

There is more than 6 of them in my area. Most of them are.... YUK!

The one closest to me is pretty cool. They have a real good rotation

of cool used gear, and the best selection of new.

Most of the guys there are pretty cool. The guy I deal w/ the most takes pretty good care of me.

I guess the location is the reason for all the cool used gear. That's the best thing about my

local GC. Plus they get a lot of new, hard to get stuff that other locations can't. Lucky for me.

They are a business guys. They do want your wallet, and they'll take it if you let them.

I can understand why people don't like some GCs, but I don't get all the hate.

If you don't like GC - don't go there.

Then again, some people aren't happy unless they have

something to complain about...

Archived