Gibson Brands Forums

They both have something in common...

matiac

No prize L5, but yer close. No, I was just lamenting on the loss of my Goldtop, and was comparing the extremely fast play of it to the extremely fast driving of Dale, and the fact that he's gone, and so is my Goldtop. Old news, I know, it was just a lament is all.

That looks like a Gold Top Classic with the 1960 on the pick guard. Nice guitar, to bad you don't have it anymore. I heard the 1960 rubs off eventually. Sure would be nice if they engraved it into the pick guard.

I'm not much for Nascar either. I like Jeff Dunham's dummy joking about Nascar. "And another Left Turn" Vrooom...

We miss Big E at the Chandler household.

If all you see are cars making left turns, then you're right... you don't get NASCAR.

Here's a clue....

imagine you're going to take a family of 5 to Disney world.... you, your wife, your 5 year old son, your 3 year old daughter and your new 6 month old baby boy.

Only... in this case, 42 other families of 5 are going, too. First one there gets a million bucks. 2nd place pays 40k.

bathroom breaks... "daddy I'm hungry".... "Honey let's stop for the night and get a hotel"..... you gotta deal with all that and still be first.....

THAT's a NASCAR race.... 1,000,000 things to go wrong in a 500 mile race.... and yet you see drivers win multiple times in a season. Sure, sometimes you can take a nap between laps 172 and 412... and still see the best part of the race.

Just like you can between the 3rd and 8th innings...

or the 5th and 15th holes....

or the 2nd and 3rd quarters....

Or all the way until March in college basketball...........

I'm just sayin'.... way more than left turns.

I hate Nascar' date=' its like adding a floating trem on a gtr, people get stupid. Can't think what to add in a lead; grab the whammy and do a dive bomb..... Hey lets do something out of the ordinary, lets do right turns instead.... lol

Or

Just have Rusty get back in his Miller Lite car and drive backwards and bring back everything and everyone like he did in the miller commercials....[/quote']

+1. nascar sucks.

If all you see are cars making left turns' date=' then you're right... you don't get NASCAR.

Here's a clue....

imagine you're going to take a family of 5 to Disney world.... you, your wife, your 5 year old son, your 3 year old daughter and your new 6 month old baby boy.

Only... in this case, 42 other families of 5 are going, too. First one there gets a million bucks. 2nd place pays 40k.

bathroom breaks... "daddy I'm hungry".... "Honey let's stop for the night and get a hotel"..... you gotta deal with all that and still be first......[/quote']

Okay, your response makes perfect sense if you're actually driving in the race. NASCAR is about watching the sport too. Driving in it seems to be a thrilling challenge. But I wouldn't care to watch 43 different families drive themselves to Disney World either. As a watcher, what's in it for me?

Archived