Gibson Brands Forums

Pics of my complete rig - Now with added VOS!

stevezapp

Put this in another pic thread which is dropping further down the pecking order, so what the hell - I'll start a new one.

With the arrival of my 1960 VOS, I think i'm pretty much there in terms of my ideal rig.

I am currently not suffering from GAS, which is the first time for about 6 years.

So, meet the family!

S73F2207.jpg

Nice rig, man! I play through a Vintage Modern as well (when I'm not on the 1974x) - sounds amazing w/my R8.

Don't mean to fire up your "gas tank", but have you tried out your VM w/a Strat? As much as I like the VM w/a LP, it sounds even better w/my Strat - it's like the two were made for each other.

Anyway, great amp and great axe! Enjoy!

Nice rig' date=' man! I play through a Vintage Modern as well (when I'm not on the 1974x) - sounds amazing w/my R8.

Don't mean to fire up your "gas tank", but have you tried out your VM w/a Strat? As much as I like the VM w/a LP, it sounds even better w/my Strat - it's like the two were made for each other.

Anyway, great amp and great axe! Enjoy! [/quote']

I've only just got the VM, so these are the only two guitars I've tried through it. I know what you mean about the single coil approach though, I bet the middle boost thickens the tome up beautifully.

laundry day!

sweet looking rig man' date=' how do you like the VOS? I played one, thought it was a sweet guitar[/quote']

LMAO! I didn't notice that hehe. Still not been done though, too much guitar kicking around that needs to be played!

The VOS is amazing. I've had two Standards and the Robot in the pic, but none of them compare to it. Everything about her is amazing - tone, sustain, feel, weight, finish. She wasn't cheap, but worth every penny.

Very nice!....almost a Lemonburst. Be careful of the shag carpet around your pedals. Static charge can cause damage

believe it or not.

Wow - I din't know that. I'll be moving that when I get home.

Oh and cheers LPDEN, it produces the sound i've been looking for for a long long time ;)

what do you think of the Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeller?

It's a good bit of kit.

I don't use it for the distortion or overdrive models, as I love the tone from my Marshall Vintage Modern, but the others are very useful - the delays, reverbs, compressors, mods and filters. Because they're digital, the sounds produced are never going to be 100%, but these are close enough - only the proper tone snobs wouldn't be happy.

The best feature in my opinion is the 56 second looper. Great for practicing solos and riffs.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

Are you thinking of getting one?

If you are, i'd go a try one out, for at least a half hour. There are so many variations on each pedal model, plus the combinations of upto four pedals on the go at once.

Not the best pic I have' date=' but hey the summer is nearly here..

Regards

Flight959[/quote']

Hey Flight,

Yeah, I saw your rig on another post mate. Looks like we're both rocking out HARD. The more I play the Marshall VM, the more I love it. The best amp i've ever owned.

Archived