Gibson Brands Forums

Lightfoot Comin' to town.

TommyK

Gordon Lightfoot is coming to Rockford, Il. this month. They are running an ad on the local TV station. He's playing this:

live98.jpg

The video reveals it is definitely a 12 string with a double dart on the headstock. I'm not sure the video shows a pickguard... but I'm certain it's the same red bursted 12 wire.

I'm thinkin' its a Gibson or Epi. Any ideas?

Here's anoher's another look from an earlier decade:

live82.jpg

Looks to me like the years have been kinder to the guit tar than Gordo.

I've already spent my spring concert bucks to see Doc Watson, or I'd be goin' to see Lightfoot.

For what it's worth, this site: http://www.lightfoot.ca/chronogy.htm is where I nicked the photos. Not sure it's Gordon's or whether it's accurate, but if you open the chronology to the 1960's there is a black and white photo of him sportin' another 12 that looks identical, save for the burst. Might be a different 12 wire, or maybe he had it bursted.

Here's the blonde 12 wire:

hherobck.jpg

Aw hadies, it's only money, right? Maybe i will part with $52.50 and go see him on the 21st. Coronado Theater

Better order fast. The first floor is fillin' up fast and they're workin' on the balcony....

"The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down

Of the big lake they call Gitchegumee..

On a hunch... I answered my own question. A pin bridge B45-12. I knew there was somethin' I liked about "Edmund Fitzgerald", "Sundown", and "Carefree Highway"

He's coming to Calgary April 13! I have tickets!

He's had that Gibson 12 string with the redburst for years and years. He is painfully thin since his 2002 nearly fatal abdominal hemorrhage, but he's touring and recording again!

Gordon Lightfoot is coming to Rockford' date=' Il. this month. They are running an ad on the local TV station. He's playing this:

[img']http://www.lightfoot.ca/live98.jpg[/img]

The video reveals it is definitely a 12 string with a double dart on the headstock. I'm not sure the video shows a pickguard... but I'm certain it's the same red bursted 12 wire.

I'm thinkin' its a Gibson or Epi. Any ideas?

Was just here in Dallas.

Archived