Gibson Brands Forums

Is this Guy selling FAKES?

VBB

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/1062325581.html

This guy has sold about 30 guitars (mostly Les Pauls) in the last few months. He always sells for about 500-900 cheaper than what you could buy for elsewhere, and he has multiply stories about why he's selling. They are new or perfect condition and somewhat unique models (ie AAAAA tops or special ed models).

Does it look legit?

Nothing about it looks fake although the photos are very small. His story seems plausible if a bit unlikely - "I am disabled and can't play anymore." It's a 2009 guitar and it's only the beginning of March. Maybe the guitars are stolen.

He never shows cavity pics and only shows the headstock from a distance.

Other stories where: just bought this guitar and lost my job, just bought this guitar and I'm moving, bought this a month ago on impulse and can't afford to keep it, wife says I have too many so this one (brand new) has to go.

When he lists another one, I'll ad it to this thread.

VBB, if that's the case then I would stay far away. It sounds to me like Rich might be right on the money in respect to the guitars being stolen. The story makes zero sense. Have you written to him and asked him why he has so many variations of the story? Or, in regards to this particular ad, why he'd have a brand new 2009 guitar when he's disabled and unable to play?

I'd flush him out. Seems fishy. :-k

Maybe because Made in China Fakes are Pretty good looking at a distance and at about 400.00 Dollars each and a few sales at 2500.00-2900.00 Dollars.

Well you get it. If anything tells you this might be a bad deal Walk, there is plenty more around.

Archived