Gibson Brands Forums

What is your Les Paul?

project

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, im new here but ive played for a long time now.

This is my Les Paul Standard Tobacco Matt Finish.

Im yet to see too many like it, but i do love mine ;)

54022556.jpg

42443007.jpg

005fpb.jpg

004ctl.jpg

I do envy all of your guitars guys, some are really nice!

Beautiful guitar.

Thanks for posting good pics' date=' too![/quote']

Thanks Pippy. Yeah, I have had quite a few Les Pauls over my forty odd year career in the music biz. but none of them, including late 60's customs have got anywhere close to this. The old fella rings like an acoustic.

We have had many debates over in the LPF about tones and Les Pauls, but I definitely think that the slimmer neck of the 60's model produces a different tone than the fatter necked models.. Not better or worse.. Just different. I think it tend to give it a more mid range woody honk. So many people who have not tried one think that the R0 has the same neck as a 60's Standard or a Classic, but it hasn't. It still retains the 50's shoulder, but is shaved flatter at the back. Ironically like many clasical guitars you find. The problem is that you just cant find any over here. Humph was about the second one in the country.

Here's a pic I have posted before and yes the tobacco tin and the glass of Scotch were already on the top of the amp when I took the photo..LOL... I just re-aranged them to balance the pic up.

Mind you a good amp helps things on gigs and a 4 x10 59 Bassman is the perfect marriage for blues etc. Awesome amp.. No frills and bells and whistles. .Just pure fat tube amp tone. And as always with Fender.. Nice and chimey but with plenty of fat bass end.

LPBM2-1.jpg

'HAPPY HUMPHREY'...Historic database link.

My LP's....ALL purchased the year they were made, when prices were a lot more "reasonable,"

even for "Gibson!" ;>)

1-2003 LP Faded Double Cut Special (TV Yellow)

2-2001 LP Junior Lites (Black and Red)

1-2000 LP Classic "Plus" (Honeyburst)

1-1976 LP Deluxe (Cherry Sunburst)

1-1980 LP Custom (Cherry Sunburst)

DSC_0030.jpg

CB

Archived