Gibson Brands Forums

Custom shop studio maybe? 1983 les paul

ngauget

OK, I am either blind or I just can't track down this serial number. I have a 1983 Les Paul Studio,ebony, with binding around the body. Serial number is 83265550. Has a studio truss plate and the pickups have paf stickers on them and they really rock! I own several gibson sg's, a sonex 180 deluxe and a few epi's too, but I don't know why I have never seen a paul like this one before. I actually think I stole it from a guy I used to work with. He needed cash and sold it to me for 300.00. I know enough about gibsons to know its not a fake, but I have never seen one with binding on the body. It is black, with binding on the body, dot fretboard, and chrome covers on the pup's. Has cream binding and guard, cream trim rings around the pup's and gold speed knobs. It is a wonderful guitar , though it weighs a ton!

If anyone knows what it is please let me know..............

John

Gibson made the "Studio Standard" from '84 to '87. The only differences to the studio are the bound fingerboard and bound carved-top body. Your guitar is an '85 as was stated previously.

If your guitar has the bound fingerboard, I'd say that this is what it is.

I don't know the value of these, but I would assume $300 is a steal. I'm thinking they probably sell from the $700 to $1000 range depending on condition.

Nice score and yeah post photos.

Archived