Gibson Brands Forums

Does this reflect badly on me?

badjuju342

I have sworn to bite my tongue and play nice. Down to my last two cigs and I am spacing them very far out. She's gone for the weekend so I will fight the initial cravings by myself. It doesn't get too bad until your third or fourth day of not smoking but I'm gonna ride it out.

Good job!

Keep it up, if you start again it means you suffered for nothing.

:-)

I'm the ONLY person in my family that never smoked. Not even once - I always hated tobacco in all forms.

My little sister dabbled in it some but never really started.

Everybody else smoked, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, most of my childhood friends.

I'm 43 now, most of them finally quit after seeing all the deaths and suffering from it.

Only my older sister that I rarely see still smokes, I have no friends that smoke - for a reason.

Doing good . Resolve is FIRM , no cravings , not cranky and even pretty relaxed. I keep telling myself " I am NOT a smoker , I do not smoke." Even tried to "stress test" myself by doing things I normally had to smoke doing ( driving, talking on phone , etc.) and passed with flying colors. I figure if I can get through the first two weeks then it is all gravy. I am convinced I can do it.

Not to pile on, but think about these little nuggets.

Does your wife smoke?

That would be tough.

Friends? Coworkers?

Your environment is gonna be a challenge later on.

Did you smoke in the house? The car?

The smell will linger forever, and trust me, you'll smell it.

My mom talked about how she could smell EVERYTHING after she quit, and food tasted so much better.

A buddy of mine told me after he quit, sex was so much better because he didn't start hacking when he was breathing heavy. More than I really wanted to know, but hey.....

:-)

Wife doesn't smoke and trust me, you do not want to smoke in the Gibson Nashville Plant as that would be very bad for your long term employment there, LOL. I just have to avoid the designated smoking areas ( not that difficult). I plan on getting up and cleaning my daily driver to the point it is purged of evidence of smoking . I never smoke in our other vehicles or our home so that is a no-brainer. I did my best to pre plan this thing and do everything I could to help me succeed . But I do agree , you have to get rid of any reminders to help ease the temptation.

I quit when they were nearing $3.00. More than $5.00 for 2 Packs was just rediculous. It's the best thing I ever did, but I didn't just quit Cold Turkey, I tapered off over the course of a Week, then when I'd fall off the wagon for a Cig, I wouldn't beat myself up and start all the way over. I'd just feel bad the next day and not smoke again. Specially when I had a Beer, I always cheated and had one cig. Then one day I had beer, bummed a smoke off a freind, Lit it, and gagged. Nearly puked andhaven't touched one since. I can be right next to a smoke and not want a Smoke.

You'll beat it.

Wife doesn't smoke and trust me' date=' you do not want to smoke in the Gibson Nashville Plant as that would be very bad for your long term employment there, LOL. I just have to avoid the designated smoking areas ( not that difficult). I plan on getting up and cleaning my daily driver to the point it is purged of evidence of smoking . I never smoke in our other vehicles or our home so that is a no-brainer. I did my best to pre plan this thing and do everything I could to help me succeed . But I do agree , you have to get rid of any reminders to help ease the temptation.[/quote']

Good for you. I did the same thing when I quit. Cleaned the car, house, got rid of ashtrays, etc.. I quit drinking coffee for a time too because you know, coffee & cigarettes is like peanut butter & jelly. LOL Good wishes.

Hey, you can always make your own Juju. I get almost 3 cartons out of a 1 pound bag for...lessee...19 bucks for the tobacco, 4 bucks for the tubes, and the machine paid for itself after the first pack I made, I think it equates out to about a buck a pack, but no it doesn't make you a bad person.

good on you for quitting, it's different for everyone but i was definitely more agitated soon after i tried giving it up the first time. I was a smoker and a dipper, dipping about a can a day... it was like my own personal herion stash and if i was awake, i was dipping. The first time i became a complete *** to everyone and the wife finally begged me into dipping again, and the second time (almost 2 years ago) I started to carry the empty can with me and when i got a craving i'd smell the can and pop a whole mouth full of sunflower seeds. the only downside was i was addicted to sunflower seeds for about a year and they're still a favorite snack, but other than that and the dreams where i dream i'm dipping and am afraid to swallow, it's going pretty good. I figure if i can quit dipping that much anyone can quit, the cigarettes really pair in comparison to just how MUCH nicotine you get with chew. Good luck and keep it up

p.s.) along with the dreams, every once in a while i'll get a really strong craving... i just sub in the seeds and that's worked everytime

Archived