Gibson Brands Forums

Health Care; a Right or Privileged?

Homz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going with Gibson on this one. I don't own any Fenders. I would like to own an American Tele Dlx some day.

BTW Thunder, my wife still wants to have your babies. She just told me when I told her about your sig line. She wants to know what part of Ecuador you live in.

Speaking of Thundergod' date=' has anyone heard from Dem00n lately. The last I saw, Tgod was about to make him disappear. I haven't seen a post from him since. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

I just want to know in case Tgod needs an alibi.[/quote']

Hi James. And just how are you on this glorious day. It feels good just to be breathing free air.

Speaking of Thundergod' date=' has anyone heard from Dem00n lately. The last I saw, Tgod was about to make him disappear. I haven't seen a post from him since. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

I just want to know in case Tgod needs an alibi.[/quote']

We were jamming at your place man... you know that...

Boy' date=' I've been missing a good one!

One other thing, to you HOmz. Why do you get these topics started and then "reserve" your opinion for later or never. Are you not convicted enough in your thoughts to truly give your opinion. As someone who has had many debates with you, and enjoy them, I'd like to hear an honest opinion out of you every now and then.[/quote']

Sometimes just for effect. Sometimes because I don't have an opinion. Sometimes I like to view how others react to a specific subject and or each other when confronted with a controversial issue. I like to study the human beast.

<In Joe Pesci voice>

Do I amuse you?

Am I here to f-ing AMUSE you?

<Grins>

And I mean this in the best possible way. Yes.

Your not alone though. I hope at times I offer some amusement to others too.

. . . . . . .

Heck, I can spot folks like you on the internet. In person, I suspect you stick out just like Rush -- the callous bigot -- Limbaugh.

If you can't figure out the answer to your other comments, I can't help you. You'd need some level of education to understand. God Bless.

Boy' date=' I've been missing a good one!

I do not believe in universal healthcare. I feel, after being in the healthcare business with my wife for some years now (we own a medical billing company), and after conducting much study on the issue, that universal healthcare will bankrupt the country, destroy the superior healthcare we get today from our physicians.

. . . . . .[/quote']

Well James, maybe you can explain why the majority of physicians now support major health care reform, and an even greater percentage of hospitals do.

As to the superior health care system, you ought to do some research. Besides, too many folks don't get "superior" care until they are too sick for even the profiteers to turn them away. Rationing health care by an individual's wealth is just wrong. Now, rationing by a nation's wealth, might make some sense.

Is your medical billing service paid a percentage of collections? I bet that percentage goes down under a revised system.

Here's a good one. My grandmother complains that universal health care for all Americans will destroy our country. She was telling me this on her way to the doctor's office where she used Medicare. Irony sweet irony.

Well James' date=' maybe you can explain why the majority of physicians now support major health care reform, and an even greater percentage of hospitals do.

As to the superior health care system, you ought to do some research. Besides, too many folks don't get "superior" care until they are too sick for even the profiteers to turn them away. Rationing health care by an individual's wealth is just wrong. Now, rationing by a nation's wealth, might make some sense.

Is your medical billing service paid a percentage of collections? I bet that percentage goes down under a revised system. [/quote']

While I don't doubt your conviction, Hoyt, I do question your sources. None of the physicians I do business with or know personally are supporting "major healthcare reform." I have read a couple of articles that suggest that some power players (insurance companies, big practice docs) are getting on board so that they can have some sort of say in the coming catastrophe. They are trying to guide the process to some degree. Put it this way, if you have a choice of execution, you'll take the less painful, right?

Our revenue goes down every time a doctor takes on any of the Mcaid patients. But they feel strongly enough to take these patients on because ALL of the physicians I know understand that they took an oath to provide for the sick, not just the rich. Many donate their services to the poor whenever they can. And in all the years I've been in the business, I have NEVER seen one single doctor turn away ANYONE because they did not have insurance or could not pay. Again, I have to tell you, these doctors write off tens of thousands of dollars a year for this reason. And as a human being and a man who believes in God, I don't worry that our revenue goes down because clients are helping sick people who are less fortunate than I.

Keep in mind, the people you are calling "profiteers" are the ones that are gonna help lengthen your life. They are good people, not deserving of the hate. I hope you will someday understand this.

I would love to see some real evidence of what you are alluding to: show me some real stats, etc. I'll be able to debunk.

While I don't doubt your conviction' date=' Hoyt, I do question your sources. None of the physicians I do business with or know personally are supporting "major healthcare reform." I have read a couple of articles that suggest that some power players (insurance companies, big practice docs) are getting on board so that they can have some sort of say in the coming catastrophe. They are trying to guide the process to some degree. Put it this way, if you have a choice of execution, you'll take the less painful, right?

Our revenue goes down every time a doctor takes on any of the Mcaid patients. But they feel strongly enough to take these patients on because ALL of the physicians I know understand that they took an oath to provide for the sick, not just the rich. Many donate their services to the poor whenever they can. And in all the years I've been in the business, I have NEVER seen one single doctor turn away ANYONE because they did not have insurance or could not pay. Again, I have to tell you, these doctors write off tens of thousands of dollars a year for this reason. And as a human being and a man who believes in God, I don't worry that our revenue goes down because clients are helping sick people who are less fortunate than I.

Keep in mind, the people you are calling "profiteers" are the ones that are gonna help lengthen your life. They are good people, not deserving of the hate. I hope you will someday understand this.

I would love to see some real evidence of what you are alluding to: show me some real stats, etc. I'll be able to debunk.[/quote']

James, just a point of order. You don't have to believe in god to have the same concern for your fellow man. It's not a mutually exclusive situation. I know you had another point there sorry to divert.

James' date=' just a point of order. You don't have to believe in god to have the same concern for your fellow man. It's not a mutually exclusive situation. I know you had another point there sorry to divert.

[/quote']

Not a problem, Homz. I just felt the need to state my personal conviction in there. I realize that there are some folks who aren't believers who care for thier fellow man. Just not the libs. :D/

Not a problem' date=' Homz. I just felt the need to state my personal conviction in there. I realize that there are some folks who aren't believers who care for thier fellow man. Just not the libs. :D/ [/quote']

That was your attempt at humor. I bet you tear em up at the church socials. :D

LOL now that was funny.

Just a reminder, during the 90s I was a professionally touring comedian. So, I can occasionally get lucky with a zinger.

Remind me to tell you the story about a gig that got CRAZY in Mississippi in 98. Who ever heard of a comedy show ending in a riot. Seriously. It looked like a Guns and Roses concert! I barely made it out alive.

Just a reminder' date=' during the 90s I was a professionally touring comedian. So, I can occasionally get lucky with a zinger.

Remind me to tell you the story about a gig that got CRAZY in Mississippi in 98. Who ever heard of a comedy show ending in a riot. Seriously. It looked like a Guns and Roses concert! I barely made it out alive.

[/quote']

Were you touring with Andrew Dice Clay?

Archived