Gibson Brands Forums

LOTS of LP photos!

myspace.com/jessenoah

Wow Jesse, I REALLY needed to see your feet! (there seems to be a lot of people putting their feet in their guitar pics)

Are those MOP inlays? I like the inlays but it looks like there are a few parts where they are a bit messily installed... could just be the pics though.

I'm planning on putting some green abalone inlays in my lp... normally I'd think that they'd be overkill but I think It'll work with my design.

Everything else looks cool. I personally like pup covers on both but that's just a personal opinion.

Nice guitar btw. When did ya get it and what are the specs? I thought you had gotten a nice-looking lp look-alike... what happened?

EDIT: What happened to the headstock back?

lol, i didnt mean to!

i need to put the bridge Pup cover back on, but i just switched the magents of the bridge Pup, so i had to take the cover off, the installation was pretty clean, thoose inlays are exactly the same as the vintage inlays on old LPs

http://retrospec-guitar.com/store/gibson-parts/cellulose-nitrate-inlays/

it is 1959 les paul reissue, refinished*, and i always put my intials on the back of the guitar in case it gets stolen

kills the reslae value though#-o

lol' date=' i didnt mean to!

i need to put the bridge Pup cover back on, but i just switched the magents of the bridge Pup, so i had to take the cover off, the installation was pretty clean, thoose inlays are exactly the same as the vintage inlays on old LPs

http://retrospec-guitar.com/store/gibson-parts/cellulose-nitrate-inlays/

it is 1959 les paul reissue, refinished*, and i always put my intials on the back of the guitar in case it gets stolen

kills the reslae value though#-o [/quote']

It's ok, I was just giving you a hard time! :)

Okay, I've heard of the vintage spec cellulose inlays... With me I don't really give a **** about my guitar being historically accurate because It isn't a vintage model right now and it REALLY won't when I'm done customizing the crap out of it :- They look good on your lp though... in the sunlight I would've bought that they were MOP.

Oh well, resale value is overrated if you really like the guitar.

Hey Jess, we need just a couple more pictures, k? Just kidding, what's the vintage of that obviously older looking instrument? How many is this now...42? Save some for the rest of those who may wish one.:-

it is 1959 les paul reissue' date=' refinished*, and i always put my intials on the back of the guitar in case it gets stolen

kills the reslae value though#-o [/quote']

Really vintage looking top on that one. Did the SN rub off the back, or is it just the lighting???

no serial number

O:)

still trying to figure that one out

Well of course the natural reaction of thought without any further background or info is that it's a fake... Is there a back story to it?

Archived