Gibson Brands Forums

Bar Fight!!!

Bluemoon

South... if I drive at high speed and there's not much traffic I can get to the "middle of the world" landmark in about 5 1/2 hours...

j/k about the freaky bat people thing. It's really people from Patagonia I don't trust. Penguin loving freaks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half the people in this forum anymore aren't even old enough to go into a bar, hence have zero idea what a REAL barfight looks like.

In my years of gigging bars from Fla., to Az., to La., to Il., I've seen all kinds.

The funny ones. I saw a dyke beat up a tree cutter/lumberjack in Hackberry Louisiana. He was hittin' on her, uh it's, honey.

The quick. I saw a 5'2" Japanese bartender in Tempe, Az, shut down 3 bikers in about 4 seconds. He knew a little Karate....

I also have seen an innocent young man shot in the groin with a .44 Mag.

And, have been in a few myself too..........

Murph.

Half the people in this forum anymore aren't even old enough to go into a bar' date=' hence have zero idea what a REAL barfight looks like.

In my years of gigging bars from Fla., to Az., to La., to Il., I've seen all kinds.

The funny ones. I saw a dyke beat up a tree cutter/lumberjack in Hackberry Louisiana. He was hittin' on her, uh it's, honey.

The quick. I saw a 5'2" Japanese bartender in Tempe, Az, shut down 3 bikers in about 4 seconds. He knew a little Karate....

I also have seen an innocent young man shot in the groin with a .44 Mag.

And, have been in a few myself too..........

Murph.[/quote']

Murph, lumberjack is an offensive word.

just saying.

:)

Murph' date=' lumberjack is an offensive term.

just saying.

:) [/quote']

Sorry.

Did I mention the dyke was butt ugly, but her, uh it's, honey was quite the looker?

Go figure.

Damn Homz' date=' I'm only 50.

I'm gonna kick yer a$$.

[/quote']

LOL

We're both a bit on the over the hill side of a good old fashioned bar fight. Some twenty something would have the edge, physically anyway.

gramps

LOL

We're both a bit on the over the hill side of a good old fashioned bar fight. Some twenty something would have the edge' date=' physically anyway.

gramps

[/quote']

See, that's where you're wrong. Again..... (ahem)

I see it (almost) every weekend. They are drunk, scoping out the babes, and going blind. Focused, yes, but not on self defense.

As a gigger for many decades, my first line of defense is my gear, if my young 38 year old wife isn't with me........

I always have an eye on my surroundings, the trouble maker, the sneaky looking creep that might steal my axe, ect., ect.

To me, it's part of the gig, feeling the room.

Murph.

murph' date=' im going to assume that feeling out te acoustics of the room is second nature, even before finding the mean drunks, right?

:-k [/quote']

Man I'm a bar gigger, small clubs 100/300 seaters, a few bigger ones a year, I've done better, and might have another project cooking.

But it takes about 30 seconds to figure out acoustics in these clubs.

No big deal.

Murph.

watch this video homz. Don't let this happen to you WATCH!

I haven't been to a high school foot ball game since the last one I played in. Is it normally that empty in the stands? I always remember them being full. What state?

i dont do a whole lot of live gigs' date=' but i have devolped a hatred for buildings with low celiings..........[/quote']

You will learn to LOVE low ceilings when you play a large room with 12' block walls, and a large dancefloor.

Carpet and sheetrock beat the crap out of a tile floor and block walls. It's like playing in a coffee can.....

Try to mix that!

Murph.

Jordan' date=' I'd have loved to coach you.

Great technique and way to stay hooked up until the plays over.[/quote']

Thank you, I had alot of pankcakes on varsity. I was a three year varsity starter and My coaches always said finish the block.

because usally the unbloked man makes the tackle.

I haven't been to a high school foot ball game since the last one I played in. Is it normally that empty in the stands? I always remember them being full. What state?

Homz you should download a game tap or something so I can watch, maybe learn something from ya.

I live in california. My school didn't do so hot my seinor year, so they kinda bailed on us.

Good looking stuff man. I too am 6'5" and when I was a senior i was about 210 lbs.

TE and wide out and' date=' high jumper/track in college

[/quote']

You have a very busy sports life homz, 210lbs? back in your day that must have been huge!

My highschool sports carrier

Freshmen-Football,basketball, baseball

sophmore-Varsity football, basketball, baseball

junior-Varsityfootball, basketball, Track and feild (shotput)

Seinor-Varsity football, basketball, track and feild (shotput)

Homz you should download a game tap or something so I can watch' date=' maybe learn something from ya.

I live in california. My school didn't do so hot my seinor year, so they kinda bailed on us.

[/quote']

I don't have any games on video. It was in the 80's. My dad might. I'll ask tomorrow.

It was a different game then. Line men couldn't use their hands like now. Totally different.

Archived