Gibson Brands Forums

Homz

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What got lost in this whole stem cell debate' date=' is whether or not it's good policy to take tax payer dollars to fund embryonic stem cell research. I say no. Here's why, at least half of the country doesn't want to pay for it, there have been no "breakthroughs" in embryonic stem cell research, there have been no successful trials of human embryonic stem cell treatments on human patients anywhere in the world, there have been breakthroughs using chord blood and adult stem cells, there are currently treatments that use adult stem cells that WORK, whether you see them or not, there are moral issues on embryonic stem cell research, research into embryonic stem cells has been going on for years without federal funding. Whoever finds a workable treatment or cure for some disease using embryonic stem cells will be able to make MILLIONS of dollars on the discovery, why would I want to fund that with tax dollars?[/quote']

sterb008.gif

You libs make me laugh...terrorists and convicted murderers must be treated with dignity and respect...but the life of a human baby means nothing to you. "A woman's right to choose" sounds better than abortion...That's like the new "Employee Free Choice" bill' date=' it doesn't really describe what's going on, it just obuscates the truth.

Enjoy your supreme intellects and new found power...it won't last forever...[/quote']

sterb008.gif

Food for thought' date=' I wonder what cool things Joseph Mengele could have come up with if he had just been allowed to keep experimenting...[/quote']

wow, way to completely nullify your own argument. he who mentions nazis immediately loses.

I never understood why "nazi" was that big of a thing... After all, they lost didn't they? And the same (and worst) athrocities have been made by other men, not only hitler... but somehow I think it would be best to discuss that on another forum.

Rocketman,

Homz asked if I was a scientist, having thought he had read that elsewhere. I replied, "That would be Rocketman," because I think he mistook me for you.

I said that because I thought I read in another thread where you worked for the space agency, hence assumed you were a scientist.

The first couple of pages leading up to Homz' statement about Nazis are deleted and the break right before my response (where Holmz makes his Nazi reference) is arbitrary, so what you see is out of context and is in no way connected to anything you said/did. It was just an awkward place to have the thread continue. Maybe Holmz will reconsider and replace the rest of the thread, if possible.

Rocketman' date='

Homz asked if I was a scientist, having thought he had read that elsewhere. I replied, "That would be Rocketman," because I think he mistook me for you.

I said that because I thought I read in another thread where you worked for the space agency, hence assumed you were a scientist. The first couple of pages are missing, so what you see is out of context but is in no way connected to anything you said/did. [/quote']

Ah, I see. No problem. Yes I am a former NASA rocket scientist...

This thread was originally about stem cell research. After being compared to a Nazi war criminal I felt it needed to come down.

My tolerance to others does not extend to the intolerant.

What a dipstick! You weren't compared to a Nazi, nor was anyone else...As I told you before, I compare you to Lenny Smalls. Why do you delete so many of your posts? What is wrong with you?

Where are you Homz?

We had a storm come through on Sunday morning. It screwed up my transceiver satellite connection to the internet. I'm still not at 100%. The service rep will be here on Thursday morning. If I weren't a dipstick I probably could have fixed the problem my self, but we work with the cards we're dealt.

Archived