Gibson Brands Forums

Has anyone tried the new Brite Wire 'Reinforced' strings?

pauloqs

What the title says. The new Brite Wires have a reinforced carbon core. Have anyone tried them yet? How does it compare with previous iterations of Brite Wire? I currently use D'Addario NYXL on most of my guitars, and D'Addario XL on the ones that get less playing time (just because they are a bit cheaper, especially with the 15% Stew Mac discount).

I'm going to give the new Brite Wires a try. I have extremely sweaty hands and my sweat destroys strings really fast, so durability is really important for me. I did try coated Elixirs, but it was on an SG I didn't really like and ended up selling. I might give the Elixirs another go, but I'm not too optimistic about them. 

Have not tried the new Bright Wires,  I think they were just announced a couple weeks ago at most.  When I saw them I wondered who was making them?  From the picture on the packaging it does not look like they have the colored ball ends like most D'addario.

I have used Elixirs for a long time now, and don't see myself changing away from them.

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2019 at 5:14 PM, Navy Vet. said:

Just ordered a set ($11.00) and a set of gold speed knobs. Will give my opinion when they arrive.

When I read this, what I saw was:

Just ordered a set ($11.00) of gold speed knobs. Will give my opinion when they arrive.

and thought to myself 'he is taking the p1ss?' 😄

Old age & faulty eyesight. I suppose I should laugh while I still can!

• Upvote 1

I'm curious about these new Brite Wires, too, as well as the new acoustic strings. I love Gibson strings.  I hope they still feel and sound the same. Also wonder if the Vintage Reissues are the same with different packaging or if they changed them up.  That's what I'm curious about. Really want to give the new ones a try since I already love their strings.

Managed to get around and put a set of Brite’s-medium gauge on today.  They are bright!  Even 11’s are brighter that the Ernie 9.5’s I took off. They are well balanced, no muddy tone on the bass end, mid’s are nice and balanced and the treble end is not overly brilliant, but they are bright. They are good strings in my opinion, but 11.99 a set is too high. I received an email from StewMac today announcing they are offering OEM Gibson parts. I bought 2 sets of Vintage Brites for 9.99 a set. 

The bottom line is; I like them.