Gibson Brands Forums

Got my new girl!

eldiablo

Hey everyone...

To answer a couple questions...

Using a bathroom scale The guitar weighs 8.8 lbs. It feels very well balanced.

I tried at least a dozen LP's. I'm hardly the person that could tell you

all the differences between them. I'm really a Bass player

who is starting to get serious about Guitar.

I will say that it did seem the more expensive the Guitar the sweeter it was.

That might not be true but for the most part it was in my case.

It really is a matter of what you feel is right for you.

I really liked the way the new Chambered Standard played and I was heading in that direction

until I played the R8. After that I lost interest in the Traditional, the Standard and focused on Reissues...

Until I played the Customs.

The Custom I ended up with has a very rich deep darkness to the tone. More than the other

LP's I tried. The Guitar is Evil. I was sold.

A few of the LP's had visible wear on them from everyone trying them out over the months/years.

So I had no interest in spending a few thousand on a "New" guitar already "Broken in"

The Sales guy was a LP freak and really helped me a lot. He gave me a ton a great advice.

I also had the Guitar set up while I was in the store.

Feels crazy wailing on it!

If anyone out there is considering making the move and getting an LP all I can say is you

won't regret it, even if you have to eat beans for a while.

A few more pics... Cloudy here today...

6.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I don't post very often, but I just had to say that is one very beautiful LP you got yourself. I can see why it kept calling to you, I can hear her calling me also but shes all yours now. Let me ask you.....do you plan on playing it? You might already know this, but If you do play it be sure to wear a 100% cotton shirt so the back of the guitar won't get all scratched up. And no belts.

Your right about the reissues being nice guitars. I own 2 of them and they mojo .

Your custom reminds me of my supreme. with gold hardware and all the fancy binding. which is the reason why I never play my supreme, owned 3 years, now I'm trying to sell her because it lays under the bed it its case.

DBSupreme01-1.jpg

I don't post very often' date=' but I just had to say that is one very beautiful LP you got yourself. I can see why it kept calling to you, I can hear her calling me also but shes all yours now. Let me ask you.....do you plan on playing it? You might already know this, but If you do play it be sure to wear a 100% cotton shirt so the back of the guitar won't get all scratched up. And no belts.

Your right about the reissues being nice guitars. I own 2 of them and they mojo .

Your custom reminds me of my supreme. with gold hardware and all the fancy binding. which is the reason why I never play my supreme, owned 3 years, now I'm trying to sell her because it lays under the bed it its case.

[img']http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156/Zipitup/DBSupreme01-1.jpg[/img]

Your Guitar is stunning! You must have at least played it a little? how could you resist?

Yes... I bought my guitar to play... It's basically impossible to put this devil down once I open the case.

One thing that sort of sucks having this gem is you are super conscious about causing even the slightest

of wear. But I bought it to play and that's what I am doing. I've got a lot of practicing to do if I am going to

let this demon scream like it can.

Thanks for all the kind words... They really belong to Gibson for making such a beautiful instrument.

Archived