Gibson Brands Forums

Advanced Jumbo

NevadaPic

New Advanced Jumbo in the house. What a fantastic guitar! It's the first guitar that I have owned that I would say could do it all. Flatpickin', fingerpickin', hard strummin', soft strummin', I haven't reached it's limits yet. I haven't tried playing slide with it yet but I have a feeling it will shine there also. I traded a M***** dread plus a little bit of cash for it and couldn't be happier. There's just something about a Gibson...

Pic

Of all the guitars I own or have owned, the AJ is by far my favourite. I play mine every day from 5 - 6 AM, including weekends, and I have never found limitations in what I can get it to do.

Congratulations on your new guitar - keep pickin'.

Of all the guitars I own or have owned' date=' the AJ is by far my favourite. I play mine every day from 5 - 6 AM, including weekends, and I have never found limitations in what I can get it to do.

Congratulations on your new guitar - keep pickin'.[/quote']

What great advice!!! If I play my AJ everyday from 5-6, the kids may actually get out of bed. Their alarm clocks obviously are not near loud enough! =D>

Can't wait to try it tomorrow!

pix pics pictures!!! (sounds excellent!)

#-o

Photos will be forthcoming! I was too busy playing it today to get around taking pictures. I had to do a little saddle work on it after I bought it to lower the action but it's pretty good now. I have played a lot of guitars over the years, especially the last two years, and the AJ really is a stand out. I'm not sure what exactly it is but I think the round-shoulders have a lot to do with it nevermind the long-scale, bracing and rosewood b/s.

Pic

Man, I love my AJ as well! Right now it's my 'go-to' guitar for old-time back-up, although I love my Fuller's J-35 Reissue for that as well (sorry Hoss <smile>)..

The only thing I'm thinking about is whether I would appreciate a wider neck on a custom AJ: my '07 model has the 1 23/32" standard neck, and I like the wider, 'vintage' necks on my M*******..

Good choice!

Dave in SLC

Archived