Gibson Brands Forums

Neat old pictures!

Gilliangirl

Wow' date=' this is the best thread ever, some of these pics are so inspiring. Thanks very much for starting it GG!!

Anyhow, here's a recent one of me with my Gibbo in hand, I think I'm a bit younger than most here (25) but hey!

[img']http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/krislamba/kris1.jpg[/img]

Nice photo Deadgrateful.

This is not an ageist forum. Why Johnt is about 118 I think!

And if you think you're coming along to the UK Gibson Revivalist and Tankard Emptying Conference looking like that, you won't be let in! No grey hairs or wrinkles? And a proper haircut!

AJ (46.866 years - approx)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL Who knew that the serious musician of the top photo was the "Armed and Hammered" nut of the one below! That's one happy lady with her Gibson! (and no... she doesn't need that book on the shelf "Idiot's Guide to Being Sexy")

LOL Thanks! The book was a gift from a now-ex-boyfriend. Can you imagine giving a book like that to your spouse? He had a mean streak. I've never even opened it!

(I think this was the 100th post on this thread.... amazing considering I figured it would sink to the bottom like a stone when I first posted it. It's been fun! Thanks for making it fun everyone!)

You got that right!

A +1 chick' date=' with a +1 guitar. Now THAT'S hot!

And thanks for the link GG. I hate to admit it, but I had never heard of Gillian Welch till I joined this forum and met (virtually that is,) you.

So "Thank You" for that.

[/quote']You're welcome! I love discovering new music/artists. It keeps everything so fresh and inspiring. A friend just *introduced* me to Kate Wolf and Lisa O'Kane so I'm having fun with that now.

Wow' date=' this is the best thread ever, some of these pics are so inspiring. Thanks very much for starting it GG!!

Anyhow, here's a recent one of me with my Gibbo in hand, I think I'm a bit younger than most here (25) but hey!

[img']http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/krislamba/kris1.jpg[/img]

!!!!Wow, that is one phenommenal photo, DeadG! Was it professionally done? It's so artful. Love it.

Ah, 25...... I remember 25. Actually, I don't! Oh no!

Hey Karen' date=' I hope you like it.

[img']http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h277/Salespo1/IMGP1301.jpg[/img]

Wow! Thank you Sal! That is really cool! That's the best 'tan' I've ever had! I am falling behind the times here with the technology thing. Is that Photoshop too? Roxanne (you met Roxanne) has Photoshop and she photoshopped me into a picture with Hal Ketchum once LOL It was great! We made a nice couple ;-)

I thought it was about old J45's........

Wink.

Me too!

Murph, what's that Ruger thing in your signature...... is that some weird guitar I've never heard of or is it a gun? You're not picking on the squirrels again are you? [-X Squirrels mate for life you know. :-D

Hey Murph, I am an owner of the same little pocket rocket:) For those who don't know, it's a Ruger snub-nose stainless .357 magnum 5-shot pistola. Makes for a great gear addition if and when you find yourself playing those rough little blues clubs downtown anywhere USA. I keep 38 Special +Ps in mine:) Lordy, the places we have to play...

Hey! That's my photo!

IMGP1285.jpg

Karen and I visited a Guitar shop on Calgarys north end and found that very nice J-45 and a J-100 and a few other models of interest.

But really -- who would resist buying a guitar from Karen:

IMGP7515.jpg

Fred

This is my dad in '59 the day he bought his J45 which I gladly will pass on, such a bad picture and if I had half a clue I would be able to edit it without all the white border. The caption on the back says, "crazy legs mccauley, there's a WHOLE lotta shakin going on!' I showed him this last week on facebook and he laughed at his killer boots.

1962_001.jpg

This is my dad in '59 the day he bought his J45 which I gladly will pass on' date=' such a bad picture and if I had half a clue I would be able to edit it without all the white border. The caption on the back says, "crazy legs mccauley, there's a WHOLE lotta shakin going on!' I showed him this last week on facebook and he laughed at his killer boots.

[img']http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/JohnnyCanuck62/1962_001.jpg[/img]

Wow!! That is so cool!!!! Do you think he was playing that song (Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On) on the guitar at the time? Does he still play?

Hey Johnny, you're in Fort St. John? Do you know a guy named Albert Autenreith?

Hey! That's my photo!

Karen and I visited a Guitar shop on Calgarys north end and found that very nice J-45 and a J-100 and a few other models of interest.

But really -- who would resist buying a guitar from Karen:

Fred

Hey Fred, I'm just seeing these now!? Johnny just now brought the thread back so I missed them when you posted them earlier. I remember that guitar! That was a beauty!! And it played like a dream, too.

And that honeyburst J45 custom..... that was the day that Long&McQuade had the big flood and all those guitars were lost! That was awful. There's a new acoustic shop just opened up I heard down on McLeod trail, near L&McQ. It's Guitarworks, but bigger acoustic room supposedly. I haven't been down there yet. I'm actually afraid to go because I'm due for some retro pay here shortly and I want to finish the music room (flooring) but......... I could be tempted with the right guitar. Must...... resist....... guitar...... shop........=P~

Karen, another great thread. +1

Okay, so here I am hangin' with Neil in '75 after layin' down some tracks for Barstool Blues.

MeandNeil.jpg

Note: Filler material while I dig through old photos (prepared for a move so a lot of things are boxed already).

Wow!! That is so cool!!!! Do you think he was playing that song (Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On) on the guitar at the time? Does he still play?

Hey Johnny' date=' you're in Fort St. John? Do you know a guy named Albert Autenreith?[/quote']

He says he was trying to play it with my mom who was doing her best to play it on the accordian, glad I wasn't there 0_o. He can't play anymore due to arthritis which he really misses.

Albert doesn't sound familiar to me, is he still up here?

Archived