Gibson Brands Forums

What happened to the Firebird X stock

Rabs

6 hours ago, Navy Vet. said:

Easy Cowboy, put that tractor back in the shed and a have a cold one.

Good idea! But in all seriousness I’m a big Gibson fan. Being around here even for a short while you hear all sorts of banter about their guitars and I take a lot of it with a grain of salt. Even if I had the most neck diviest, strings touching the back of my TOM bridgiest, no nibiest, weak headstockiest, going out of tuniest Gibson I’d love it. I think it’s just a game with some of these folks, because if they are playing the same Gibsons I have, they’d be keeping their mouths shut. 

Edited by NighthawkChris

32 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Good idea! But in all seriousness I’m a big Gibson fan. Being around here even for a short while you hear all sorts of banter about their guitars and I take a lot of it with a grain of salt. Even if I had the most neck diviest, strings touching the back of my TOM bridgiest, no nibiest, weak headstockiest, going out of tuniest Gibson I’d love it. I think it’s just a game with some of these folks, because if they are playing the same Gibsons I have, they’d be keeping their mouths shut. 

Never could understand folks bad mouthing  a product they continue to buy.  I personally believe Gibson makes the finest guitars both electric and acoustic on the planet. I have a meager two thousand dollar acoustic and a fifteen hundred dollar electric. I think both are fine guitars.  Can I nitpick and find a flaw? I probably could, but I believe I could nitpick any guitar and find flaws that cost more than what paid I for my two Gibson’s. 

Edited by Navy Vet.
  • Upvote 1

Why couldn't there have been a competition. Buy a new Gibson and go into a draw to win one? Whether you like them or not, winning one would be good. They could be marked to show they were seconds and a competition win to devalue them slightly and I'm sure some people would buy a new Gibson to try and win one.  It would have only been 10-20 per country anyhow.  Lots of corporations have bad PR. Heaven knows why? Here in the UK we had a problem with milk. The farmers were being paid less than it cost to produce it by the supermarkets. So why couldn't the shops have got together and increased the price by 10p and paid it to the farmers?  Everyone would to keep the product home produced. But they didn't. Stupid. 

18 hours ago, Navy Vet. said:

They day and hour Gibson makes any guitar outside the US, I will never buy another one again. Gibson on the headstock tells me that guitar is US made.  That's how I roll.

Well, then you can't buy any more Gibsons.  Gibson bought the Garrison factory in Canada, and produced a line of acoustics there which were labeled Gibsons.  And on the electric side, I know of at least one exclusive limited-edition Gibson 335 model that had a body made by the Terada factory in Japan (Terada has manufactured Epiphone Elitist models for Gibson since 2002).