Gibson Brands Forums

Flawless, amazing -

jdgm

Her name is Roxane Elfasci and the execution of this piano classic is one of the most amazing  pieces of guitar playing I have ever seen.

How long must she have practiced this.....check out the harmonics.  Flawless.

Notice that she is not holding the weight of the guitar; a very good idea - it is obviously on a stand or some sort of cradle which holds it completely still, in order to accurately get those harmonics.

6 hours ago, jdgm said:

Notice that she is not holding the weight of the guitar; a very good idea - it is obviously on a stand or some sort of cradle which holds it completely still, in order to accurately get those harmonics.

This is actually really interesting. When I record myself playing acoustic I can always hear my shirt touching the guitar and basically every little movement. I didn’t notice any handling noise in this video. 

Ive seen Steve Howe (one of my idols) playing acoustic held on a stand as well

8 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

This is actually really interesting. When I record myself playing acoustic I can always hear my shirt touching the guitar and basically every little movement. I didn’t notice any handling noise in this video. 

Ive seen Steve Howe (one of my idols) playing acoustic held on a stand as well

I cant keep my breathing out of any acoustic recording. I once seriously considered wearing a full face motorcycle helmet to remedy that. 

I was listening to a tape op interview and one guy was talking about recording Don McLean (I think) and said he cut a hole in a sheet of plexiglass and stuck Don’s head through it. Then he had a mic below the sheet for the guitar and a mic above the sheet for vocals. The idea was that he had to do a ton of edits and couldn’t have bleed. Kinda like a dog cone

20 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

Perhaps it was just the way I read some of the replies.  

if mine was one of them, it was an attempt at humor.  this young lady is an amazing talent. Jess Greenberg  is an attractive young lady that has some youtube videos. eye candy ...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Karloff said:

if mine was one of them, it was an attempt at humor.  this young lady is an amazing talent. Jess Greenberg  is an attractive young lady that has some youtube videos. eye candy ...

That is the problem with communication without facial expressions,  it is easy to misinterpret another's point. 

That being said, this young lady is a remarkable artist.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, jdgm said:

Her position is more like that of a cello player,  this position gives the player much greater access to the upper fretboard as you are not bending the wrist and arm around the body.  The emphasis is keeping the wrist and hand linear. 

3 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

That is the problem with communication without facial expressions,  it is easy to misinterpret another's point. 

That being said, this young lady is a remarkable artist.

absolutely. and I've said that many times. you can't hear the inflection of a comment reading a post.

• Upvote 1