Gibson Brands Forums

Info about my guitar

Mindlessness

Sorry, I knew about the white Limited  model, but not mentioning the coil split earlier and having a Natural Burst finished. I just went with that GC model.  

Id call Gibson's Cusomer Service and give them the serial number.   They should be able to tell you exactly what you have 🙂 

Btw, any pictures? 

Edited by arcticsg

Yes I have both. The guitar center model has the slim taper neck with rosewood board while the standard limited has the rounded profile with the baked maple board. The guitar center model is called the SG Standard 60. Mine is in the middle and is a one piece slab of lightly flamed mahogany. My Standard 60 was a 2012 near the end of the run. They were offered in Honey Burst, The dark Antique/Vintage cherry, and a few whites. Not many were made. No more than a few hundred in each color.

The Standard 60 was offered in Honey burst while the Standard Limited was in Natural burst. The honey bursts I have seen vary greatly and on mine there seems to be no burst but just a solid gorgeous honey amber. I took out the coil tap wiring as I'm strictly a humbucker guy and replaced the burstbuckers with SD 2 and 4.

IMG-6281.jpg

IMG-6284.jpg

Edited by SGgypsyboy
  • Upvote 1

On 8/14/2019 at 2:23 PM, SGgypsyboy said:

Yes I have both. The guitar center model has the slim taper neck with rosewood board while the standard limited has the rounded profile with the baked maple board. The guitar center model is called the SG Standard 60. Mine is in the middle and is a one piece slab of lightly flamed mahogany. My Standard 60 was a 2012 near the end of the run. They were offered in Honey Burst, The dark Antique/Vintage cherry, and a few whites. Not many were made. No more than a few hundred in each color.

The Standard 60 was offered in Honey burst while the Standard Limited was in Natural burst. The honey bursts I have seen vary greatly and on mine there seems to be no burst but just a solid gorgeous honey amber. I took out the coil tap wiring as I'm strictly a humbucker guy and replaced the burstbuckers with SD 2 and 4.

IMG-6281.jpg

IMG-6284.jpg

Nice!!   🙂

Those two SGs are simply gorgeous!