Gibson + Goodman = Magic

Mr. Paul

4 hours ago, blindboygrunt said:

I seen a guy playing that song 6 or 7 years ago in a pub in donegal 

When i asked who wrote it he didnt know,  or couldnt remember at the time 

I wanted to steal it 

Thanks for posting !! Fantastic song

And I'm gonna steal it now 

I stole this one a few years ago, John Gorka does a version of this that really caught my attention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFv2e5HBVPs&list=OLAK5uy_kCWyYBjRKv7tgREvRIzLE_POO4_pHNTbQ&index=14&t=0s

Great share...

I first heard this song a few years ago when an AGF vendor (charmed life picks) posted a video of he himself playing this song at an open mic. Hise version is excellent, and he is playing an Eastman guitar.

Anyways, I loved the song, and just as BBG... sought it out... the lyrics.. the youtubes...  It is really a pretty love song.

I wish all of you each have someone around you, who when they look at you see the best parts of you. I hope you all have a Margaret.

Both Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash said that Steve Goodman was a really decent guy and that he was a blast to have on tour with them.   The only downside to the deal was that since he was your opening act, you had to follow him on stage.......Pretty sad when you realize how few people (aside from folks like us) who even know his name.

• Like 1