Gibson Brands Forums

RMA, and Length Thereof Question.

Locka

This question is for those of you in the U.S. who have RMA'd a DF to Nashville. How long was your guitar in Nashville before you got it back? I'm wondering because I sent mine going on 6 weeks ago. The original estimate was 2 weeks (which I didn't believe for a minute of course) and I figured it would take about a month. Thanks for any and all replies.

Hi,

Yes, same kind of timing for mine, actually the time spent in Nashville matches the 2 weeks announced.

But I did not particularly like the two weeks pre pick-up & the very slow, 12 days, shipping.

I did not even know that a more than 3 days Fedex existed !!!

See details here:

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=161292𧘌

A good overnight shipping on the way back would of course be much appreciated :-) btw.

i've posted on the return of df 1440, but summed up it took about 2 weeks in nashville. It took 9 days just to get there and i'm located in north carolina so if you're any farther than me prepare to wait 2 weeks easy just on shipping alone. It could depend on what problem you're having how long it stays in nashville too

Thank you for your replies. My DF is actually still in Nashville according to the customer service people. It only took three days for it to get there, so it has actually spent about 5 weeks there already and I'm just getting a bit antsy.

what was the issue you sent it in for?

Sticky MCK, wicked sharp fret ends on both sides of the fretboard, and the B string slot on the nut was cut way too deeply compared to the other slots and the B string ended up literally resting on the first few frets.

Archived