Gibson Brands Forums

Rocking the boat

jdgm

Took a boat trip up, then down, the river Thames last weekend.

My niece's wedding party.   Interesting to the forum because we went past this:

Gilmour-Boat1.jpg

David Gilmour's old houseboat/studio.  It is actually called "Astoria" and there is even a Wiki entry for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astoria_(recording_studio)

Not sure whether he still uses or owns it. 

Sorry about the thread title, couldn't think of anything better....🦃

Edited by jdgm
  • Upvote 2

That is ****ing COOL. 

As far as I know he still owns and operates it. What a cool idea for a studio

This was mentioned on another forum and some people added that Joe Walsh recorded Life’s Been Good on a boat and Thomas Dolby has a solar powered boat studio

10 hours ago, rct said:

Did you go by Hogwarts?

rct

You are the most astute fellow here rct.

You may, or may not, have yet reached the critical realisation  that the uk is entirely digital. The maps/atlases are wrong. There is no mainland uk. There is just empty water between Ireland and Scandinavia. We are an invention of the Irish; the product of their imagination. They desired one thing more than anything, more than happiness, money, immortality or potatoes. Tired of fighting among themselves, they desired an enduring external oppressor, and the legend of Britain was born.

We all went to Hogwarts retrospectively. As soon as the Potter #1 released, we all had the update. I now have fond implanted memories of Hogwarts just like jgdm and Rabs. All 63 million of us live next door to Helen Mirren. Helen is due an upgrade BTW. She is starting to pixelate around the cheeks. Bill Nighy is almost all pixels now poor devil.

Oh yes, and all the British bands you've seen are holograms too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, merciful-evans said:

You are the most astute fellow here rct.

You may, or may not, have yet reached the critical realisation  that the uk is entirely digital. The maps/atlases are wrong. There is no mainland uk. There is just empty water between Ireland and Scandinavia. We are an invention of the Irish; the product of their imagination. They desired one thing more than anything, more than happiness, money, immortality or potatoes. Tired of fighting among themselves, they desired an enduring external oppressor, and the legend of Britain was born.

We all went to Hogwarts retrospectively. As soon as the Potter #1 released, we all had the update. I now have fond implanted memories of Hogwarts just like jgdm and Rabs. All 63 million of us live next door to Helen Mirren. Helen is due an upgrade BTW. She is starting to pixelate around the cheeks. Bill Nighy is almost all pixels now poor devil.

Oh yes, and all the British bands you've seen are holograms too.

🤯

14 hours ago, jdgm said:

Took a boat trip up, then down, the river Thames last weekend.

My niece's wedding party.   Interesting to the forum because we went past this:

Gilmour-Boat1.jpg

David Gilmour's old houseboat/studio.  It is actually called "Astoria" and there is even a Wiki entry for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astoria_(recording_studio)

Not sure whether he still uses or owns it. 

Sorry about the thread title, couldn't think of anything better....🦃

My favorite Floyd album was recorded on that boat-Division Bell.