Gibson Brands Forums

1946 Knucklehead

Californiaman

That's pretty sweet.

First one I've seen with a belt for the final drive. It's too bad he couldn't put electric start on it too, but they're pretty easy to kick, so I guess it's not that big a deal.

Is it strictly magneto fired, with a battery eliminator?

No more Nut Busters for me. I need a soft Tail. My Back won't take the jolt anymore. Nice color, The bike looks tight also. straight pipes, No baffel,(Can't Run That Here) Solo seat, Fat Bob tanks and rear fender.Never road one with Belt instead of chain. How easy is it to change a belt, instead of addind a link in the chain? Hows the compresion on the kick peddle? You don't need the Hulk's right leg to kick it do you? I'll show a couple friends the bike.. He won't have trouble selling. Your Friend has talent.

All I can say is...Wow. That really is a beautiful bike, he should have no problem getting what he's asking for it. I'm gonna try to photoshop my Blue Les Paul leaning against it. I took the forward loking shot from the rear of the bike. I'd be afraid to take it out on these poor excuses for roads they have in R.I., but then again, it's SCREAMING to be ridden. Really nice.

Sweet.

I owned a 1947 Indian "Arrow" when I was young.

It was a 437cc Vertical twin.

I had to order a spring from Sammy Peirce once. Pearse? Pierse? I can't spell.....

Ah yea, the good old days.

Murph.

Archived