Gibson Brands Forums

SG Gibson Standard 2019 model

SG Sydney

Gooday guitar lovers. just purchased a SG Gibson 2019 Standard, sounds and plays sensational , just wandering why both pickups sit on an angle and not parallel to the strings like other guitars like Fender or Ibanez. Checked out other SGs and there all the same angle  except SGs reisue models which have pickups mounted in brackets like Les Pauls. Is it a fault or is it supposed to be on an angle. 

IMG_20190811_161811662.jpg

On 8/15/2019 at 11:59 PM, badbluesplayer said:

Yeah, it's because the body is angled away from the neck and the strings.  And because the pickguard holds the pickups, they sit a little slanted.  It's just the way it is.

Thanks for reply bluesplayer, yeah I got the  idea of pickups now like you say it's the way it is. There all like that. Cheers

On 8/13/2019 at 9:43 PM, kidblast said:

welcome to the forum, and congrats on the purchase..

Pickup angles,, yep.. that is an...  it is what it is.. situation.  as you noted, I have two SGs,  same on both.

Thanks kidblast for reply,i get the picture now.... it is what it is situation....SG super guitar. Cheers