Gibson Brands Forums

2019 colored Flying V??

AdamFlies

Hey guys, 

first post here, hope everyone is having a good day.

I've had a Les Paul copy for the last 10 years which was a birthday present that had never been used until recently.

I've been learning guitar for the last couple months and I'm so happy i decided to start learning, but months and months before I've been looking at guitars i might want to buy for myself which would probably be a Gibson Flying V. 

i like the look of the natural look, but i would like to have one with a color on it. I know that i could get the B-2 or even the custom shop, but I'm not entirely sure.

is there a way i can design my own? best to go to local dealers? 

I'm just not sure, if whats on the website is the limit of what i can buy for the 2019 range.

would appreciate extra info, and any questions id be happy to answer.

thanks

Adam

1 hour ago, AdamFlies said:

Hey guys, 

first post here, hope everyone is having a good day.

I've had a Les Paul copy for the last 10 years which was a birthday present that had never been used until recently.

I've been learning guitar for the last couple months and I'm so happy i decided to start learning, but months and months before I've been looking at guitars i might want to buy for myself which would probably be a Gibson Flying V. 

i like the look of the natural look, but i would like to have one with a color on it. I know that i could get the B-2 or even the custom shop, but I'm not entirely sure.

is there a way i can design my own? best to go to local dealers? 

I'm just not sure, if whats on the website is the limit of what i can buy for the 2019 range.

would appreciate extra info, and any questions id be happy to answer.

thanks

Adam

Check around for used V’s, Reverb.com is a good place to start. The V has been copied by many companies and builders and there are many variations and colors out there. Personally I dig the 2019 Original Collection V. 

Edited by Navy Vet.

You can order pretty much whatever you want from the Gibson Custom  Shop through their made to order program.  But those guitars are quite expensive for someone who has only just started learning.  Check out reverb.com and other musical instrument sites like Sweetwater,  Musician's Friend, Chicago Music Exchange.  You can probably find a really nice used one at a reasonable price.