Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Epiphone Olympic USA Masterbilt

Emma

Good Afternoon,

I am looking for more information on my Vintage Epiphone Olympic USA built, is there anywhere I can search the serial number for further info on exact year and its approximate value?

Thank you guys.

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

That’s a beautiful vintage guitar!

There is a great book about the original pte-Gibson owned Epiphone Company from which your guitar is from.  Plenty of photos in it, too.  It is called:

Epiphone, The House of Stathopoulo

by Jim Fischer & L. B. Fred

it was published in 1996.  

Highly recommend you try to obtain it.

QM aka “ Jazzman” Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark
  • Upvote 1

Thank you so much I will look into this. It my partners guitar and at only 30 years old, he is less than half the age of the guitar, he has owned it all his life. We understand its a beauty and are feeling it could be used an loved elsewhere rather than stuck in a case in the cupboard in our home as my partner is a reggae  musician and it doesnt fit his sound. Its such a shame. Although he does have a little play on it now and then as it cant be helped :-) However also with a baby on the way and being pushed for cash we feel it better all round that we sell it on for someone else to love.