Gibson Brands Forums

got a gibson les paul and it came with photo of guitar and i'm not sure what model it is

blakej45

Okay, so I bought a Gibson Les Paul today and it has a strange story behind it. The guitar shop I got it from was questioning it at first because it didn't come up in their inventory so instantly I thought that was odd. Also one of the workers said they knew a friend that used to work in the Gibson factory and was curious to why this guitar came with a photo of it and said they were going to ask them about it. That interested me because now it has some interesting details that are unsolved. this guitar also has a blank trust rod cover so that also stood out to me.  I'm trying to figure out what model it is and I cant find it anywhere because when I try to search the model no. it doesn't find anything. I know it was made in 2018 but that's about it and was looking for some help. The model number is LPCSG19s1ch3

It's very likely that the tech who did the final set-up on your Gibson took a photo of the guitar on the work bench. 

My 2018 SG Naked came with a photo, just as I described.  

A Gibson Les Paul with a Model Number that starts with LPC should either be a Les Paul Classic or a Les Paul Custom, one of those lines. 

Can you post a photo of the guitar?
From there we may be able to make more sense of the Model Number. 

For example:
LP - Les Paul
C - Classic or Custom
S- Satin finish
G - Gold top

Just thinking out loud. 
🙂

Edited by sparquelito

I think all the guitars from Gibson USA have come with a photo since at least 2017.

From the photo yours looks like a LP Classic (due to the uncovered zebra pickups) although most of those would say classic on the truss rod cover.  Not sure what finish that is, but the model number usually decodes to tell the finish as well, the S would be for sunburst, the CH at the end would be chrome hardware.

If you email Gibson customer service with some photos and the serial number they will tell you exactly what it is.

Edited by Twang Gang
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 01GT eibach said:

Uhhhh ... this is probably a stupid question, and I will get flamed for it ... but is that a maple top?  To me, it looks like it may be something else than maybe?

No flames for learning, and thus not stupid.  Yes, a maple top.  But it is a "plain" top as opposed to a "flame" top where more expensive figured maple is used.  Obviously not "plain" in the literal sense.  Some do prefer the plain tops, and I think they are fine, especially when they have nice wood grain like this one.

It could be said "Who need flames when you can get wood grain like this!"

15 hours ago, Wmachine said:

No flames for learning, and thus not stupid.  Yes, a maple top.  But it is a "plain" top as opposed to a "flame" top where more expensive figured maple is used.  Obviously not "plain" in the literal sense.  Some do prefer the plain tops, and I think they are fine, especially when they have nice wood grain like this one.

It could be said "Who need flames when you can get wood grain like this!"

Yeah, my Les Paul is a plain top too ... so my question was stupid.  LOL  --  It just looked like such a tight grain that it made me wonder.  Anyway, thanks for the informative answer.  One of these days I should post a pic of my LP ... 

On 8/19/2019 at 9:44 AM, merciful-evans said:

My 2015 LP had a bench picture come with it.

My 2015 (Memphis) 339 didnt. 

Sounds about right.

Bench pics have been included with all my 2015 and up SGs and LPs

• 2 weeks later...