Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brian50

1996 Gibson es 335 sunrise orange

I just bought a 96 es 335 in sunrise orange. I was told that this guitar is part of a limited run for guitar center. The serial number is 9214642. I also heard these guitars came with a coa. Does anyone know the production numbers or have any information on these guitars? Thanks 

B96D347B-37E1-4200-978A-84C7D7D34A7D.jpegE96E8CD4-3A0D-4D65-A43D-6EB5B6AEEE97.jpeg

Unless the production number was up front when new, you won't get the number made by Gibson now.  Being a GC model, it is not likely to have that number when released.  BL is you probably won't be able to get the production numbers.  Also being a GC model, you'll have a real hard time finding specs for it too.  If you're lucky, the model number may be on the tag inside and may give you something more to search with.  Just curious, how do you know the color is "sunrise orange"?

Nice looking 335!

Hi, thanks for the feed back. The guitar was sold new thru GC and they still had the item description in their system (not surprising as they obviously have never been updated). Also, I found a COA on line that lists the details on the guitars (this guitar was made 3 weeks after the one I purchased).  Lastly, it has the limited edition sticker on the back on the neck. All of these guitars had that in 1996. There have been two listed on Reverb as well.  When I receive it I will dig into it and see what I can find. Thanks 

tzr9edugqxpogz3kchx3.jpg

Nice!  You're already turning up some good stuff.  That COA, though not yours, is good to keep for documentation of the model.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:25 PM, Brian50 said:

Hi, thanks for the feed back. The guitar was sold new thru GC and they still had the item description in their system (not surprising as they obviously have never been updated). Also, I found a COA on line that lists the details on the guitars (this guitar was made 3 weeks after the one I purchased).  Lastly, it has the limited edition sticker on the back on the neck. All of these guitars had that in 1996. There have been two listed on Reverb as well.  When I receive it I will dig into it and see what I can find. Thanks 

tzr9edugqxpogz3kchx3.jpg

Sorry Brian, how do you get the COA online?, is there any place where to download?

I would appreciate your input.

Thanks

Andy